Does anyone know what’s going on with ow2’s music?

Personally, the soundtrack of a game is a massive contributor to ether it stands out to me or just blends in with others (one got the reason my favourite games are my favourites is because of good OSTs).

Because of this, I’m quite curious what’ll be happening to the soundtrack of overwatch 2. Will it be the same as it is currently? Could it be a remaster of the old themes, possibly? What if it was entirely different?

As per usual, I have no clue, but it’s fun to wonder.

1 Like

I hope the existing maps can transition to their Cities and Countries versions. Those were really good

As for new maps, I’m not sure… there was also a mention of “hero themes” in the OW2 panel at Blizzcon. Wonder what that was all about

4 Likes

Everyone gets to constantly hear sigma’s theme. Different pitch depending on what hero you pick, though.

4 Likes

I mean I don’t think any reasonable person would complain. Sigma’s theme is really good

6 Likes

Oh, definitely, it’s one of the reasons I was so excited for his release. It’s a shame that it seems they forgot about sigma’s mental state in-game, though.

Imean, why does he go to luna’s cabaret? Is he allowed time out of the secure facility talon’s surely keeping him in every day? Do they take sigma out for a walk every Thursday?

Plus I was hoping that you’d just hear his theme on loop in-game. It’d annoy you to no end after a while but that’s the point of it, really.

2 Likes

I think it was because his insanity struck and remained until he had the gear he wears with Talon, which I always assumed tempered his insanity. It seems to hold his mental state a good bit.

Due to this, he probably does get to go out a bit, yeah

Ngl it is quite funny to imagine sigma going into to a shopping center to buy groceries. It’s stupid, but someone at talon has to.

5 Likes

Well, I think they’d probably just rather steal groceries if you ask me. Sigma just makes it float away with him lol

3 Likes

Either that or they just get it delivered.

“Two bags of carrots, four cabbages, 12 biros, and blueprints of the Overwatch HQ.

Deliver to T̶a̶l̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ #12 road lane, city.

We should be in Thursday.

Recipient’s name is D̶o̶o̶m̶f̶i̶ Norman Persol.
Thx”

5 Likes

This would be fun actually
But they need to sell me the OST somewhere, put it on YT and let me download it, that’s the only reason i don’t appreciate it as much as xenoblade’s

And tbf they barely have any OST tracks, i’m used to the 70+, overwatch has like 40 at most (or it feels like it)

2 Likes

Isn’t the countries and cities music on YouTube?

1 Like

Yeah but that’s like
18 songs?
c’mon
Where are my 118 tracks or something

Yeah, when you’re listening to the OST of a game you want to at least play it for multiple hours (in fact I was just listening to the soundtrack of pmd2 on YouTube, that has around 150). The thing is, though, that overwatch’s music (however limited by quantity) is generally very good.

That’s one of the reasons I’m excited for the pve, as that should come with a soundtrack as long as it’s not going for the adaptive soundtrack load of games do nowadays.

Even if there isn’t anything new in the pve, at least there’ll be new maps for the pvp with new themes.

1 Like

Yeh, Overwatch music is very good indeed, but it lacks content IMO
I appreciate xenoblade probably because it’s as good (Maybe a bit better, lil bias here) and there are many more tracks

Same with dragon quest. More tracks, orchestrated, and though they’re not as “catchy”, you can just put on a playlist and listen for a good while.

Plus it’s dragon quest and xenoblade it’s not like we’re going to dislike anything to do with them.

1 Like

True

1 Like

I…
I mean dragon warrior 1 is 35 years old in a few months so I’m saving a bit to buy anything and everything announced at that time.

But it’s my birthday in a month and a day so I might be able to get it around then without it interrupting my dragon quest endeavours

1 Like

April 29th confirmed? :eyes:

I swear everyone’s birhtday is in april

I would like if the Zero Hour theme would be the OW2 main theme.

Imagine the part where Rein and Brig interlock their shields to be the overtime music.

1 Like

No, it’s the 9th. Sorry your leak was false information but hey here’s a new one

April 9th confirmed?

also yes everyone’s birthday is in April, I know 2 other people with the same month and I have a grand total of 7 friends ._.

1 Like