Does anyone know alot about the SR reset

Oh okay. Well i have only solo qued to get where i am so i didnt get carried.

You can still get carried to ranks you don’t belong at without stacking :stuck_out_tongue: Especially with how coinflip the matchmaker has been up till now.

But if you think you pulled your weight, expect to be better off or relatively the same spot you are now c:

1 Like

Okay thats good. I just didnt wanna go like 1 and 4 in my placements and get like silver haha

Hah, no most probably not, as I said, your last years worth of stats are being considered when placing, so you good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ngl though, if i got placed silver, I’d have a friggen field day just wafflestomping people into the ground, pad that winrate to be absurdly high for the beta season :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. Feels bad for all of the folks stuck in gold who think they will be in masters cause SR reset. Haha. They will be calling for another reset in a week. Lol

Jeff said they’ve been tracking your stats per role for a couple months to ease the transition. Your SR isn’t really getting reset in the first place, just getting split.

I would slap a like on that, but I’ve run out ;-;

The reset is going to be serving up some HARSH realities for some people.
But that’s a good thing, ranked has needed one for the longest time especially for masters/gm players. It’s a bit clogged with people who clearly don’t belong in those games :stuck_out_tongue:

That makes sense. Thanks for the feed back. Are they checking QP stats to? Cause i dont play alot of dps in comp and i dont try hard in QP. I might get silver in dps haha.

They’ll probably treat it as they do a new account. QP MMR counts for initial placement, then becomes irrelevant.

Yeah. I could see that. It just sucks cause i havent finished climbing yet. I want to see how far i could go. But im excited for the change. Itll be nice to play dps and not have to ruin my SR because of it. Im looking fsrward to climbing my dps rank

i would love to see a full reset but i know that won’t happen.

We don’t have enough boats to save us from the flood of tears

I’m looking forward to get a true reading on my DPS rank too, I’m a Gm tank main, but I’m worse at dps, and worst at support. Gonna be nice switching it up without throwing :smiley:

Yeah. I play tank and support equally well. Ive been practing on torb ashe and genji to get ready for dps comp haha

Sorry to say but imo their SR needs alot of work. I’ve won 7/10 games and been placed 900, after I finished a season above 1600. and won 5/10 and been placed 1500+ finishing above 1600 also.

Honestly it’s kinda nice playing in the sub 1K’s when I’m usually pushing 2K.
Yeah yeah, I’m not diamond or ultra mega epic elite master rank. but the ranking determinations are still flawed

1 Like

Just know this. The MMR system is going to be working overtime behind the scenes for a bit to get a real proper read on your numbers. That’s the reason for the two-week ‘bonus mini-season’ that we will get soon. During that two weeks you should not be surprised to see some weird fluctuations in your SR gains and in the matchups the game hands you. Not saying that you will see weirdness, just saying it’s the system doing its job and nothing to flip out or draw hard conclusions about the integrity of the new system, if you do.

If I’ve hardly played for a couple months that’s probably a bad thing for me lol. A couple bad games and I realize how much Overatch makes me tilt and I leave again but that means there’s only a couple bad games to look at.

Losing in placements may drop you, especially if it is a game you should have won.

According to Jeff Kaplan:

There is no reset. Resets are bad. They’ve been collecting role specific data to calculate your 3 role MMR values for a number of months. My guess is that if you’ve only played 1 role in comp for the last year, then they’ll just use that same MMR as a starting place for all 3 role placements, but maybe the ones they have less data on will be adjusted more significantly due to the lack of certainty on them.

Jeff said they have been tracking how you play each role the last few months to have a rough idea where you belong.

Be prepared for some wild differences in role rank as the system will take a season to settle imo

I would be ticked if i got placed plat… i just got back to GM