Do you think winning quick play games boosts your MMR

Was playing QP on switch this morning. There is no competitive yet on switch. Does winning boost our MMR for when comp starts or is there a reason to try to win?

normally it doesn’t, but for you (I believe) it will do.
Im pretty sure the devs said that your initial sr placement is based of your placemt matches AND your mmr from quickplay. I’m almost certain that this happens the first time that you play the game.

1 Like

On PC, quick play and competitive are 100% separate. However, it would not surprise me if Blizzard used quick play MMR on switch to seed competitive on switch, at least once.

The devs never said any such thing.

No, it doesnt. When i started this account, eventually i started getting put in quick play matches with only masters and gms while levelling it up so i could play ranked. But when i did my first placement match, it was against golds

1 Like

Oh excuse the confusion,
its actually a FACT that your initial SR placement is based off your quickplay mmr
you can google it and confirm this

Pretty sure it does on freah account. I made a new account a while ago, before lv10 I faced new player every game, and had very easy qp games, but after a while, I got match into players ranked between diamond and up to GMs in quickplay lol. Played my worst heros in placement, and got placed into diamond on that account which I was very surprised, since I lost about half placement games.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. Here is my own experiment, which agrees with MercyMain, above: Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted.

I also have a habit of recording unranked to GM streams, and they very consistently have their first placement game in high gold / low plat. See Streamer Data - Google Sheets → PlatChat 11, Dmum 11, Healgod 12, Nerf Lucio 13, DiveRein 14, Lamp 18.

Ok I peaked at almost 3.7 k on xbox this season so Ima try to boost my MMR on switch by winning as many qp games as possible. I’ll let you all know what happens once comp is available whether they kinda just throw me in gold or whether I go up more.