Do you think the forum should have downvotes

Neither does false-flagging auto banning.

False flagging is getting pretty annoying, there’s no way to control it.

2 Likes

DId you appeal that silence?

It really depends on the suspension. Was it for language? Was it for spam?

What was it for?

Also, mods report people, even without reports because they’re just forum goers as well.

Yes I did and I got a generic robot response of please read the forum code of conduct to ensure no further penalties are applied.

Okay, where in them does it say disagreeing is a death penalty?

Gotta keep submitting those tickets. It took me half a dozen to get off a false report.

So you basically have to annoy them until they actually review it. Seems like a great system :+1:

1 Like

It was for language and i didn’t even swear.

I can neither confirm nor deny your statement, because i could potentially be spreading false information or be discussing punishment, one of which is against hte CoC

2 Likes

I wish we could just use the old forums again. These new forums have a lot of nice features but i still miss the old forums. They were just simpler. Maybe I’m the only one that feels this way.

This post makes me laugh more than it should.

“Upvote” using the like button (looks like a heart). There’s no downvoting, because that’s largely considered a wholly nonconstructive form of feedback.

Downvotes are a lose/lose. The person being downvoted doesn’t know why and, therefore, probably won’t learn. The downvoter doesn’t learn how to properly articulate why they thought the comment was bad.

Have a problem with someone’s comment? Use your words.

1 Like

Language is automatically scanned through new posts. It’s reasonable to expect automatic ban for saying language that is offensive to people.

So yes, It’s 100% possible forum suspension automation could be for language without it being a problem.

Yo Xaron that was crazy how you created that thread and it was. :lock:

But I agree, I think downvote need to come back.

1 Like

I would gladly give up the new forum features if it means we could go back to only being silenced/banned when we actually deserve it

1 Like

Considering my extremely unpopular opinions on these forums, I’m next on the ban chopping block.

I’d rather be downvoted into oblivion than silenced on these forums and in-game, because it’s hindering my team rather than myself. I can play the game just fine, but being unable to tune into our team’s communications hurts my team way more.

False flags, you say?

1 Like

There’s so much I could say about this image but can’t because CoC.

If I actually swore in posts I could accept that logic, but I don’t.

But there we go, you pretty much just said what we’re all saying that’s it’s reviewed by a machine.

2 Likes