Do you think the forum should have downvotes

Right so because they struggle to determine if a post is even offensive or not (Which if they have to question it then it obviously isn’t) we should just automatically be silenced.

Seems completely fair to me.

Yes.

The one that you just made saying the Devs are out on the watch or something.

I currently do not, at this point I just accepted that she will be a computer hero with virus (Bugs.)

It gave people that can’t form a constructive reasoning of why the disagree with you to disagree with you without reporting you.

Seems like a better system to me.

1 Like

You don’t get automatically silenced for being offensive or trolling.

If that was true, one or two reports would lead to a silence and Blizzard would have more appeals than everything.

There’s a reason you don’t get suspended until an actual forum mod comes online. There’s a reason you can get suspended for posts and comments you’ve made weeks ago. Because it’s not automatic like you think it is.

Oh, the one where they were out in force. Granted, it didn’t have much to do with Overwatch but it was still constructive for forum goers. NOt something I’d argue though.

Don’t give up hope. I’m trying to get some traction. If you find any videos, send them here (shameless link to my 6th bug report on the issue A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #14 by ProcyonNova-1247)

No yeah, they totally review it within 30 seconds.

Spoiler alert - they don’t

1 Like

I mean, they could always not report people they disagree with, but I feel like that is a separate issue. I guess i havent been around long enough to know much about the false flagging issue.

The WORST part about it, is if you try to appeal the GM’s don’t even look at the case specifics. They don’t even read/or acknowledge that they actually read the post in question. They just send an automated response that basically says, “Based on your PAST numbers of reports in you report history we feel like this punishment is validated. It will stand.”
I got muted the other day for saying, “Soccer isn’t a sport.”
Fascism in full effect.
This system is broken and the gm’s aren’t doing a good job.

3 Likes

Yes, the forum should have downvotes

1 Like

I most definitely will! I am going bookmark the thread so I can dig up all my videos.

That’s what I said earlier. It wouldn’t be a problem in the first place if people just didn’t flag you for having a different opinion.

2 Likes

Which suggests actually suspending people for false flagging and keeping track of who flags what and if a user flags X number of posts that were found to be innocent, they can’t flag something for X number of days or their flags gets reduced until they can flag X number of posts correctly.

We don’t need downvoting to come back. We need actual enforcement of already practical rules as defined by this

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/inappropriate-use-of-the-flagging-feature/22908

And bringing back downvotes is supposed to fix this issue (Which is unconfirmed) ??

2 Likes

No.

Forums are now an actual place for discussion and not just a glorified voting platform with 0 reasoning given behind opinions.

3 Likes

I always found downvotes to be perfectly productive. The ‘hidden text’ part of it wasn’t necessary, and apparently a lot of people didn’t know that you could simply click to show the text… that led to a lot of misconceptions about downvotes being used to make unpopular opinions unheard / invisible.

Consider this. In the old forums, whenever someone would say ‘I hate downvotes’ that would get a certain amount of upvotes, but VASTLY more downvotes. Leading one to think that downvotes were VERY POPULAR.

In the new forums, without downvotes, whenever someone would say ‘I hate downvotes and am glad they are gone’, all you would see is that same number of upvotes, but not see any downvotes. Leading one to think that downvotes were VERY UNPOPULAR.

Did everyone suddenly decide they didn’t like downvotes? Of course not! They simply removed the mechanism by which disagreement could be easily registered.

1 Like

What do you think will happen with down votes for unpopular opinions regardless on how constructive their posts are?

Nah, let it be. It’s not really going to change anything.

1 Like

Not to mention that this is a “discussion” forum. Not a “baseless opinon” forum.

I’m sorry you have to actually type to disagree with something.

Even still, when a post got hidden, it didn’t show up in the new feed or anything. New people couldn’t see it if it was the topic post. If it was a comment, people either ignored it or clicked on it to see what actually got downvoted so much, then they downvote it if they disagree.

Literally every “Upvote/Downvote” system on the internet is intended for use to hide off topic discussion or anything that’s crazy. It was never intended for suppressing what you don’t like.

Reddit, LoL forums, and even some of the modfaq forums have some kind of “ediquette” post where it lays out when you should and should not downvote something.

4 Likes

A lot of the time people would downvote it regardless of what they truly felt too. Mob mentality and all that.