Do you think Bastion needs a change? Poll

It most certainly is going to fix his core issue. He has massive damage but a crappy way of getting it to the enemy. It is very hard to kill small heroes and it’s not because of bad aim it’s because of crappy spread.

1 Like

Here is my idea, taken from my massive dream patch (you can find it in my profile)

Idea (VERY LONG)

Bastion

• Can now move while transforming
  • Health reduced from 200 to 50
  • Armor increased from 100 to 300
  • Ironclad removed
  • All damage from Bastion now ignores armor
  • Bastion now deals critical damage to barriers

Self Repair

• It is now a passive ability
  • It works by “storing” healing in an invisible resource
  • Healing stored is 10% of damage dealt
  • Active if Bastion is damaged and not shooting
  • Not interruptable
  • No cast time, healing/s is 50

Configuration: Recon

• Ammo increased from 25 to 35
  • Spread buff reverted

Configuration: Tank

• No longer his Ultimate, it is now bound to Ability 1
  • Damage per shot decreased from 205 to 175
  • Transformation time decreased from 1.5s to 1s
  • SFX volume greatly reduced
  • Voice line is now what Configuration: Sentry was
  • On a resource meter, 4s max time, 16s recharge
  • UI is the same meter from his old ultimate
  • 3s cooldown

New Ability 2: Grenade Volley

• Similar to a scrapped ultimate where he lobs a large amount of grenades. They scatter around, exploding after 2s. Useful for small rooms
  • Lobs 4 grenades per shot, each dealing 35 damage
  • Can be used while performing other actions, like Micro Missiles
  • 20 degrees of spread (same as Roadhog’s)
  • Grenades do not explode on contact, pass through barriers
  • Can be fired continuously, like Storm Arrows
  • 3 charges, 12s cooldown each, gains 1 charge on elimination

Configuration: Sentry

• Now his ultimate
  • Ultimate cost is 30% higher than old tank
  • Ultimate voice line remains the same
  • 8s duration
  • 200 ammo
  • Spread reduced by 33% (old spread)
  • Can now deal critical damage
  • Gains 150 armor
  • Grenade Volley charges 4x faster (3s cooldown)

I just want my old Bastion back, The less spread and headshot one. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m just watching old Zylbrad videos right now XD

No. Hes a pain at the most popular levels of play why make that even worse?

:expressionless:
wow he’s such a pain that he’s picked less than 1% and has barely normal winrate which drops off hard both in bronze and in GM. So much pain…

This week in comp in gold his pickrate is 0.68%

I agree completely! Anyone who’s shredded by him without time to respond also does I’m sure. Dont ask the question if your not gonna like some of the answers.

but that’s were arguments come in. The poll is a Q&A but not the comments. If what you said is true he’d have a super high winrate and pickrate except he doesn’t.

Anyone who has shredded him won’t agree with it. Hanzo is super ultra meta right now and he can kill Bastion with Storm arrows no problem. Even though his winrate is 48% in gold (Hanzo’s) when it’s against a Bastion no matter how bad the Hanzo he can’t miss that. He also has no falloff and is a burst hero so he can stand a million miles away or peak 10 meters away and still not die

As a tracer main I feel you. I get 1 shot from across the map by arrows not even intended for me all the time. But that’s a hanzo “op” issue. Bastion is super powerful in the right hands. The only thing I think he could have help with is making him more viable on attack without increasing his mobility. Hes already pretty good on defense silver-plat in the games I play.

The problem is he has to be pocketed or he essentially doesn’t work. Line of sight with a Widow Phara or Hanzo without a pocket Rein means you can’t really do anything. Which is essentially all the time if you don’t have a pocket Rein.

I thought it couldn’t get any worse, but E Hanzo is now instadelete for Bastion.

1 Like

The problem with Bastion is that the only thing that is making him even slightly relevant is his giant 300 clip and that’s it. His recon is good with it’s tight spread but it is better be mcree or soldier. Especially since Bastion has a giant red x in him and soldier also has self heal.

1 Like

Why didn’t you just make it short and wrote “I want a hero with an builtin I win button?” Basically that’s what your “rework” is about.

First that looks nothing like an I win button.

second, this is directed at scarrken, a lot of the ideas there aren’t part of the rework you’re talking about that a lot of people have suggested like the grenade volley/ignoring armor and all that.

1 Like

Getting 300 armor, but dealing damage which ignores armor totally. Critical damage to barriers, which no other hero in the game does, but he should get it, passive self healing when dealing no damage, more ammo in recon mode than Soldier:76, tank every 12 seconds, and as an ultimate sentry mode with infinite ammo, less spread and crit damage.

That’s what I call an “I win button.” If you disagree - well, you disagree.

You have to keep in mind half of this doesn’t even work at the same time. You can’t use the tank on E thing at the same time as sentry or recon, you can’t use the tank on E or sentry while in recon so 10 extra bullets isn’t the end of the world, if you’re in sentry and you’re shooting a barrier you’re dealing damage so it’s not like you’re healing.

basically only a 3rd of it works at one time. Massive changes is what comes of having arguably 2 or if we get a weak tankmode on E 3 heroes in 1.

2 Likes

If we’re riding the lines of a rework, this is what I want: A separate identity for Bastion.

Recon:

• Gun now shoots 1 shot/second, like those big AA guns, rather than TAT TAT TAT like it is now, it would be POP… POP… POP…
  • No spread
  • 75 dmg per shot
  • 40 ammo clip

This way his gun is a lot heavier and he wont suffer from an identity crysis of being like Soldier or McCree. His current gun annoys me because it sounds too toy-ish.

Tank (Shift):

• 3 shots can be stored.
  • Shots do 60 base, 210 max, and hone in if shot within a new reticle (because try playing a grounded Pharah, OHK might become hated, but the warmup time I feel balances it out).
  • 4 second reload time
  • 20 self damage
  • .5 second transform time
  • 50 extra armor
  • No external damage is calculated (Mercy boost or Zen discord have no effect on the shot damage)

Basically it works like Widow’s shots. If he switches to tank and waits the 4 seconds, his shot will do 210 (thus allowing people to get out of his range). If he swaps to tank and shoots, his shot will only do 60. Basically allowing him to rocket jump on the fly, but can charge up his shots to become more lethal. This introduces a skill vs reward mechanic, so it might be better to do a 120 shot over a full out instakill shot.

Sentry (new ult):

• .5 second transformation time in/out of recon and tank (Shift now puts him in sentry)
  • 10 second duration.
  • 300 ammo
  • 150 armor
  • Current Spread
  • No HS
  • 6-30 dmg per bullet
  • no outside healing, but he can heal himself
  • when he presses Q his health is restored (LIke he was before, like Winston and Torb)
  • Crit box does 2.5x normal damage
  • Slight turn speed limiter, so he can’t snap and do a 180 to kill someone who is flanking, thus needs to utilize the power of going into sentry to kill the target.

So Sentry will be an ult that forces the enemy to clear an area, rather than just a mowing tool like so many hate him for already.

QoL changes:

• 100/200 health
  • 50% IC when transforming
  • Healing is now instant
  • Heals 60HP instantly (rather than how he currently can hold it down and it acts like a HPS, making it feel sluggish)
  • 3 charges
  • 4 second recharge rate for each (like Tracer’s blinks)
  • Can heal while transforming
  • Slightly smaller hitbox, except for Sentry.

This makes him sturdier in his everyday life, and makes the healing feel more responsive.

Overall, it makes him him sound less clunky and more powerful. As lore goes, Torb could have done a “system check/cleanup” and thus modified him, so he’s be a modified model compared to the other Bastions used in the war (making him even more special).

His gun would be automatic, but a lot cleaner since it packs a punch like McCree but shoots much slower. His Tank would be his bread and butter since it gives him the mobility of rocket jumping, as well as still remaining lethal since he has the OHK in his back pocket, which is fair since his recon gun cannot be his only source of damage, and his shells need to seem more lethal than helix rockets.

Sentry still gives him area denial, but only for a shot time all while really only focusing in 1 direction. His armor is suppose to tank hits, so he can no longer be pocketed AND he is very vulnerable from the back.

This makes Bastion himself bigger and meaner, not just Sentry like how it is now. Bastion needs an identity overhaul if he’s going to be reworked, so he can stand his ground against Soldier and McCree.

1 Like

don’t you mean 2 times per second? Or his “flak” type gun would suck completely. It’d be barely better than Winston’s gun. It’d also take 40 seconds to run out of ammo with 1 shot per second…

I mean, McCree’s fires 2 shots/second, so I don’t want to have it end up like him…

I just want a heavy auto cannon feel to it, where it feels heavy and lethal.

Maybe 3/4 shots/second at 60 damage each. :man_shrugging: