Do you think Bastion needs a change? Poll

no offense but that sounds like crap. It would do barely more damage than a Winston.

While I think Bastion needs his weaknesses like any other hero, I feel like his weakness of needing to be immobile makes his strength not worth utilizing, rendering him a pointless hero.

I can see why you said that. You probably know it too. But I’m not gonna say it.

Honestly that seems kinda weak
If we’re going that route maybe the tank charge time should be like 2.5 seconds at most

But overall it seems like it would be really fun to play
Instead of being in sentry 70% of the time just holding M1 at the general direction of the enemy

I love the base idea for this. Immobility is inherently flawed as a normal ability in a game like Overwatch, it requires you give too much to balance how much they give up. The end result is he’s overbearing or mediocre, and the line inbetween the two is so thin that he’ll never feel good. Symmetra and Torbjorn suffer similarly, Torbjorn especially has too much focus on how long he can stand in one spot rather than how well he can position himself and his structures.

Keeping his mobile forms on normal use is a great way to alleviate this while immobility as a downside of an ultimate is perfectly fine and quite common. It encourages the ult to be used intelligently rather than brazenly. I only said I love the base idea because I honestly don’t know what the numbers should be, but I like where it takes him.

How about no. His whole point is sentry, relegating it to his ult just makes it suck really bad because you can’t move and it has way too many nerfs in that suggestion. Why can’t you guys just not give up and actually try to balance it? Old sentry was balanced. It’s not “flawed” because you can’t find another option because there are plenty of other options.

It was changed, whether or not it was balanced is moot. You’ve been here long enough, the pattern is clear.

The pattern is wrong. Whether or not it was balanced does matter. It is very clear the majority of people who care enough to comment/like/give their own opinions on balance have voted for that. If you want I can point you to a thread with 272 likes in favor of reverting sentry with only 40 downvotes on the old forums and 2 polls created by PharahHǝntoi one for Bastion players and one for non Bastion players and the top 2 voted out of all of them out of hundreds of voters was to reduce spread and allow headshots.

The majority of Bastion players and non Bastion players alike that do want a change want old sentry back. There is no downvote on the new forums so it’s harder to see people who don’t want changes but the thread on the old forums was up for long enough to gather 272 likes so there was more than enough time for people to downvote as well. 85.29% of the votes were in favor of old Bastion on that thread.

so on a thread with equal opportunity for or against old Bastion was overwhelmingly on the side of reverting sentry.

At this point it is the most simple change the devs could ever do for Bastion that the majority of people who care to vote about it including and especially on the old forums actually want.

People want it and it’s balanced or else why would non Bastion players want it? There were way more non Bastion players that voted than Bastion players and they still voted those top 2.

Blizzard needs to start actually listening to the community. They seem to hear that there’s a problem then go and do something they want rather than the most popular and liked change the players want.

I’d agree, but I’m not driving this thing, I can only hope to influence the steering.

There is no clear majority, the last time I was impressed by any numbers on this forum was the D.Va army and it became quite clear in their aftermath that they either held no such majority or Blizzard genuinely didn’t care.

My suggestions offer reasonable alternatives, I didn’t even claim to know what the numbers should be, just an idea for what could be done. Blizzard is not known for reversions and they’ve become quite open to overhauls. You can be a part of the change or you can watch it happen, as a long time Roadhog fan I’m behind the warpath, watching it trudge forward.

If Blizzard is going to change it’s not going to happen because of something from here anytime soon. It’s either a safe publicity stunt or it’s ignored.

Ah, those lovely microaggression vibes coming from you mean only thing: that I am absolutely right about it. Thanks for confirming my opinion on your “rework”.

Hardly ever played Bastion, don’t have any friends who play him, nothing like that at all, and even I know he needs a significant buff. I don’t know why anyone would ever bother with him at this point.

Bastion is being forgotten
3k+ posts and over 200 likes. Yep. No majority.

Oh yeah and the poll has 72 votes so far and it’s 86% in favor of a change, I’d say that’s a majority. I still want a much bigger sample though but if this trend continues it’ll be a lot of people.

I don’t play Bastion anymore, but a child could easily see he has several problems. Torbjorn and Symmetra are getting reworked because they’re super niche, and very reliant on map and team compositions to be any good. Bastion is the same way.

You could literally take Bastion out of the game and like .5% of the community would be upset about it. He needs some serious love.

So does Sombra and Reaper, while we’re at it. Stop making new maps and new heroes; we have current amazing heroes that are hindered by their poorly designed kits.

I think way more people would get upset. Not so much that it’s Bastion but now there will be this mentality of “is my hero next?”. “If Winston falls too much out of meta, will they just delete him?”. Stuff like that.

I’m not saying they’re going to do that. Don’t worry about over-analyzing that part of my comment. I’m just simply saying that Bastion is in such a rough spot right now, that you theoretically could take him out of the roster and the game would not be affected in any sort of negative way (game itself, not the community’s feelings).

bastion needs a total rework, thats what i think

You’re right cause I responded to your agressive “”“criticism”"" in a way you don’t like. Okay.

For example, what’s the reasoning behind this idea of yours:

1. you want to give Bastion relative low health, but tons of armor, and
  2. a weapon, which ignores armor on the enemy completely. This is something which is not in game yet.

So - why?

1- because his hitbox is the size of the sun, he can’t sprint, or heal while shooting
2-You know high damage per shot weapons do basically the same amount of damage to armor than normal health right?
why not give that to Bastion who is supposed to be the best tank buster in the game, but his recon gun isn’t good against armor at all