Do you think Bastion needs a change? Poll

This poll is to tell how many people want a change to Bastion. The size or strength of the hypothetical change does not matter. Do you think he needs a change at all, even a small one?

If you voted yes here are 2 more polls created by PharahHǝntoi to vote on what changes you think need to happen

This one is for Non-Bastion players: https://www.strawpoll.me/15610416

This one is for Bastion players: https://www.strawpoll.me/15610417

These polls were taken from PharahHǝntoi’s post here 📈 Bastion Poll Thread: How do you, the average non-Bastion player, want to buff Bastion?

3 Likes

As someone who has started 1 tricking bastion on 1 of my alts I’d have to agtee and say he does need a buff.
While overall I think he is indeed weak, I’ve been thinking for potential buffs for different assests of his character.
I haven’t come up with much but here is something I thought of to make his ult better-
Either-
let him move while transforming to tank
Let him heal while transforming to tank
Maybe both?
Or let him do rocket jumps w/ no Damage taken… I mean he’s wasting a potential kill in hopes of getting better positioning w/ the few shots he has left in ult

1 Like

I think he obviously needs some help.

2 Likes
  • 50% IC while transforming
  • Sentry IC removed
  • 100/200 Hp
  • reverted spread
  • HS added back
  • 150 armor on tank added back

All that I want done to him.

• “corner peaking” is now countered when Bastion gets up or configures to sentry. This is now a problem since Hanzo has an E that destroys Bastion.
  • Sentry IC was the worst idea since nerfing his damage output in that mode to nothing but RNG based killing while having healing shoved up your…
  • Health is just a small buff
  • More accurate spread = more skill the hero needs. Reduce his spread and thus his skill is increased, which is needed at higher tiers.
  • HS are what kill tanks.
  • Tank was the last thing about Bastion that needed nerfing
3 Likes
Click for idea

This was the suggestion I made in the old thread, not sure if it’s good or not. I was just thinking about how I could enhance the playstyle of the successful solo Bastions that I’ve seen, but I don’t play Bastion nor do I look at much of his gameplay footage, so I’m not sure if this would be a good idea. I’m sure an actual Bastion player could suggest better.

3 Likes

Why does he look like a box on wheels in that picture XD

I belive thats actually something he threw out(Was an old ultimate that never made it past beta I think)

no

Overwatch is about being able to play multiple heroes and adapt… and if your high skill heroes are outshined by low skill heroes then what is the point of them even being an option?

It’s like… look, if the skill ceiling of OW players of Overwatch was low enough that a Bastion one-trick could make it onto OWL, teams could probably make it work. But realistically… people are willing to work harder than that to win and I think that’s something people should think about every time they ask for a buff to a hero.

No because he can be Pirate ship

Oh yeah I remember it was a remote mine similar to Junkrat’s tire mixed with Reaper’s ult. I don’t remember if it was remote detonated like an RC-XD or if it was an actual mine.

1 Like

Indeed it was, it was a remote mine or something. It’s an unused Bastion asset now.

1 Like

OOOOOH

Then why isn’t Bastion playable?

Why does he die to everything sneezing on him, even a Mercy?

Why does it take a team comp being built around him to have any relevancy?

Why doesn’t any other hero apply to the very rules you laid out?

Please answer those questions then get back to me about how he’s fine.

3 Likes

The poll went how I though it would, but the pool is still small so tomorrow it is going to get very interesting.

In that case

Why are
widow,mccree,tracer,genji,lucuo,ana,solider,winston,D.Va,and many more an option being that in most cases they are outshined by lower skill heros?

Also ‘about being able to play multiple heros and adapt’
Who said I have to play multiple heros to be able to adapt in game about having fun?

1 Like

I just watched a video with old Bastion in it. Great now I’m sad.

1 Like

Or use me as an example. I have 3 mains, and the supports and tanks follow their lead.
I know how to adapt, but virtually Bastion is not viable to the point where the only adaptation needed it to overlook him as a hero, period.

Delorean is just delusional in not knowing that Bastion sucks not because the Bastion players/mains don’t know how to switch (a la because Bastion is being countered/ineffective), but rather that he as a hero is weak in every situation you put him im, to the point where his only relevancy is 1 meta on 1 point on 1 map and people still find a way to hate him.

1 Like

Dude, it was so much better back in the old days.

• No Brig.
  • Bastion was fine.
  • Pharah didn’t have as many counters as she does now (thus the need for pharmercy only grows stronger)
  • Comp made sense.
  • Dive wasn’t a thing
  • Junk was still UP, but I made him work so he felt OP and wasn’t mainstream.
  • Bastion was fine
2 Likes

As a bastion player, and in my opinion, his biggest drawback is lack of mobility. He has a huge hitbox, an ‘ok’ recon gun that needs a competent level of aim to be proficient in. He’s a sitting duck in turret form, and easily divable.

More armor, or less spread is not going to fix his core issue. He either needs a dodge roll in both recon, and turret form, or a type of ‘shield’ to mitigate his lack of getaway options

This isn’t a bad thing if his damage means something. Right now, it doesn’t, but I can assure you that mobility is not why he’s weak currently. It’s his RNG based damage.