Do you like sym?

Question from a flex player who plays a lot of sym- How do you guys feel about sym right now? Playing as her, playing against her, having her on your team, the whole thing.

I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about sym nerfs recently, and even some people talking about a sym 4.0, and I wouldn’t be opposed. IF she got tweaked or reworked, what do you think is the right decision? I personally think she shouldn’t be built around damage at all. Her best ability is her teleporter, and I’d like to see her designed more around map manipulation and map traversal and team communication.

And lastly, do you guys like the turrets? Have you ever liked the turrets? It feels like its VERY dependent upon the rank how effective they’ll be, whether the slow will matter in a team fight, whether the enemy team will instantly destroy them, they just feel inconsistent.

I love her character but her kit is meh

Let’s be honest, sym 4.0 is going to be here in spring, if blizzard doesn’t want her to be good against what she’s meant to be good against (sheilds), then eventually she will need a rework

14 Likes

It’s hard to ‘like’ someone when they get nerfed every few seconds

21 Likes

No. INSERT TEXT HERE FOR 20 CHARACTERS.

4 Likes

People should learn to deal with it
Characters like Sym, Doomfist and Torb are never allowed to stay META

4 Likes

Ok, why tho? Why dont you like her?

Your title asked if I liked her or not. I answered.

I’ve been playing her less after the beam nerfs. It’s just too much effort to get value out of her if they don’t have shields. She’s also easy to kill and I find Ashe much more reliable and better survivability. She’s the only Dps I play currently. I never found her turrets “op” as the Reddit community says. However I do struggle with finding them when they’re zapping me but it’s nothing troublesome. I just wish they can hire steevo or something up there and fix her up because she is a mess currently.

1 Like

If I wanted to play something that has turrets that play for me, I’d play Tower Defense.

1 Like

I’ve mained her since early 2.0 and I loved her kit so much. The way you create area denial, set up traps, defend your team mates, save the game with a clutch teleporter, throw out a +75 shield generator to help your team have an advantage, the lock-on beam that, in the right moment, could melt the team. Her kit was so fun and amazing for those that mastered her, and people didn’t cry about how OP she was because… she “sucked”.

Not a fan of 3.0 really, doesn’t feel like Symmetra anymore. I’d prefer Echo to have this kit and Symmetra be reverted.

9 Likes

Do you think shes worth saving as a dps, or should they lean into her ultimate and tele and make her about crowd control and being almost a support/protector

That’s exactly what we need. More CC. Hell no.

1 Like

They should increase her hp or range. She’s a close range character with no survivability and slow escape ability. They’ve effectively turned her into a tele bot now.

2 Likes

I feel like she should lean towards utility support rather than doing damage per second??? idk my feelings about her are mixed. :thinking:She would have been more like probius from HOTS.

1 Like

She’s bad designed.
Beside being a joke with the recent nerfs she’s a DPS hero that deals low damage and has no damage ult. The team refuses to take the teleporter and her turrets are easy to counter if you have a brain.
I love Sym but I also hate her at the same time becuase her kit so trash.

2 Likes

I feel invincible most of the time, but I rarely play her. Only when I’m desperate for a win.

Absolutely the worst thing for me. I feel like she shoots me from all sides with her turrets and her weapon. She sucks the fun out of the game for me. That doesn’t mean she’s unbeatable, she just not fun to play against.

I sort of don’t like it. Kinda like how I don’t like having a bastion and torb. I like a good challenge and having a sym on my team (on maps where she’s good) feels like an easy win. I wanna struggle, learn, and have fun. Again, I just like a good challenge.

Ultimately, I feel bad for sym. She feels like she’s been mishandled by the devs. She’s been tossed aside, and she’s always felt awkward to me. Sym doesn’t feel like a good dps or a good support. She needs…something

2 Likes

After the change went live… i don’t wanna play her.

at this point i don’t know how many times I had to get used to her kit. I miss the sym support days.

I think there are many other characters who can do what she does but easier and better. IMO she’s not a good pick right now and I’m doubtful when I have one on my team.

No, too sassy in the most uncharming way imaginable with not enough class. Ashe is where it’s at.

Oh you mean her kit? She aight I guess.

i dont think she’ll ever be good lol the devs are too incompetent and too bad for that. hopefully lols new shooter ends up being the ow killer, with would be neat to see the overwatch developers to fall in despair once they see their game fall.

i mean, they barely take ow seriously anyway, so its to expect. they havent put any effort in the game.

the skins (many of them commisioned outside blizz) are neat as always though.

1 Like