Do you guys agree with me?

I agree with the doom thing, his kit by design is so niche and intended for certain play styles against certain heroes and having him as a solo tank just ain’t it.

Dps doom was so unique and fun to play, his skill ceiling alongside all his tech was insane. He was a middle of the pick hero in gm (aka balanced even though lower ranks won’t agree).
He’d need damage nerfs for ow2 and the removal of his one shot but I’d take it considering his dps kit was so fun to play.

Anyway back to the tank topic, he’s so easy to counter compares to other tanks who can also do his job it’s ridiculous!

Dva and ball can displace other heroes whilst having better defences, winston and dva can both dive whilst being able to address heroes like pharah echo and or poke if you’re winston.

I just feel like his design is too weak for solo tank, probably because he was never meant to be a tank in the first place…
Nothing about his dps kit screamed tank at all.

2 Likes

What are the average stats for that rank?

More information would be needed to get a better picture.
Was Lucio playing aggressively? Was he focusing on speed? Was he getting targeted? Was the other healer someone with a higher healing output?

Yes, please.
People were saying for ages to have a store where you could buy what you wanted directly… but they didn’t mean to get rid of lootboxes!

i seem to remember forums hating df back in ow1

He was just speed boosting to the team by himself and dying constantly. He only came back to heal everyone twice through out the whole game. 90% of his heals was to himself. Even the Enemy team was talking about how he is throwing and that he is ruining the game for everyone.

2 Likes

Oof, that sucks. I’m sorry.

Yup. I’ve been bugging them about this sort of stuff since Beta.

1 Like

LOL

You’ll get some variance. But the same is true on the other sides. Sometimes you’re in games where you’re the weakest link and the others are wondering why someone like you is in their game. And sometimes you’ll get one of those on the other team, and think to yourself you’re so good you’re stomping them when the reality is they’ve been popped into a game where everyone else is a higher MMR and given a chance to shine or lose. Don’t see you complaining about those ones :slight_smile:

How do you feel about Tracer’s buff?
I told you so.

EDIT:
Im referring to this thread:

i’m sorry but how is Symetra broken? are you saying broken as in OP or weak?

…5v5 is fun though…? :thinking:

Wouldn’t really know too much. Blizzard used to use the ELO standard (aka the Chess ranking standard) back with Overwatch, but they received quite a few complaints about it. Honestly, they should’ve done like Virtua Fighter 4 and up did with the ELO and tie to character specifics, rather than the individual. But, you get what you get.

My understanding is that there is definitely something messed up with it, and Support being the lowest population right now can be a problem; but this was an issue back with OW1 too when they switched to Role-queue.

From my understanding, there’s no parameter for “hours played” in the game to set up a baseline. So there’s all sorts of issues going on now. Back when I first started playing OW2 on launch week, there wasn’t any real issues with MMR, but it generally got worse the longer and more I played.

Doomfist wasn’t balanced in OW1. He had the highest deaths per kill in the game and his entire kit basically encouraged breaking the map-restrictions and barriers as much as possible in order to maximize Seismic Slam’s damage. Those that couldn’t or wouldn’t do this, suffered, while the rest thrived up to certain point.

Have to agree with this. Or just give out tokens for every game played and let players buy cosmetics with in-game currency.

Definitely agree with tutorials. I’ve been pounding that drum for years.

Just as an aside, Lucio tends to have one of the highest healing outputs in the game that very few Supports can match-up with. Even in OWL and other professional games, Lucio tends to top meters with healing in the 5 digit ranges.

He has the ability to, but that doesn’t mean he always will. All of the questions I asked can impact Lucio’s heal numbers.

Not denying that. But there’s very few supports that can compete with that. Moira and Brigitte being the few exceptions.

3 and 4 only things I agree
Mainly because I don’t play comp so I don’t care for match making junk. I jump into a game and just play

Agree balance of heroes has for me been horrible with unnecessary reworks of heroes only because Streamers and OWL made them appear too much. While the causal players just…are sad kids who can’t think for themselves.
(Rip mass rez)

Loot box as they appeared to be gambling in other places. At least for someone who didn’t care for rank and exp, I was given a reward for sucking or doing good. OW2, I’ve earned nothing unless I pay for them first

Can’t agree with the lootboxes I rather control what I get, Now if they were like one or two cosmetics but the rest are coins that’s the reward for say like very 5 match but every 10 or 20 matches you get a legendary skin based on who you won the match with.
That way players will have more reason to play other heroes.

how could you not agree when you list the things most people agree with

Hey, I may sound like a 10-year-old boy on voice chat, but that doesn’t mean I actually am a 10-year-old boy!

What about Ana and Bap?

When people say things like OP did or somehow say that their opinions are “unpopular,” their opinions are usually quite popular.

Being burst oriented, they have larger chunks of healing up front, but overall lower tails or sustained totals. Someone like Baptiste can hear a fair bit if the targets are in close for each hit or Regen Burst. But they’re all in separate directions, it’s a shot for each of them that takes more time and possibility of missing one of those shots. Baptiste can end up with high healing totals, but overall maintain a lower rate of healing per second.

Likewise, Ana’s healing is largely single target and she can area effect and boost her healing return. With proper use of Biotic Grenade and quick and accurate shots she can heal as well as Mercy. But she is also subject to missing shots or lacking the right angle, and she needs to keep Biotic Grenade usage on high to maintain it. She can outheal some supports relatively well and at greater distances than Moira or Lucio could. But she is still subject to miss rates and if Biotic Grenade isn’t used to keep health up or at pace, she can fall behind.

General rule on healing is to take the highest potential healing that any character can do in one second. Lucio, for example, heals at a rate of 16 per target, so 4 targets is 64 healing, plus himself at 10 healing for 74 healing per second. Because he doesn’t miss or can’t miss his shots, there’s little else to calculate except Amp Crossfade healing, so 50 healing per target plus 30 healing for self and it is 230 healing per second for 3 seconds.

For Mercy, she heals at a rate of 55 healing per second. There’s no chance of missing, and the ammo is not limited, so it is a constant 55 healing per second channel. In Valkyrie, this gets boosted to 60 healing per target per second, or about a 500% increase in healing output for 15 seconds. So 60 healing per target, four targets is 240 healing per second for 15 seconds. That basically beats Lucio’s highs, and can be just as frequent as Amp’ed healing.

Moira is, by far, the highest and has a limited ammo supply to balance this. At 70 healing per second per target, plus additional 35 healing over 2 seconds after, you’re looking at 280 and then 140 over 2 seconds; or 420 over 3 seconds. She has about 160 biotic healing ammo and can maintain the healing consecutively for about 13 seconds. Then she has Biotic Orb healing, on an 8 second cooldown that heals a maximum of 300 healing at a rate of 65 per second per target. Assuming four targets, everyone would get about 75 healing. This is a large improvement over 6v6 healing where she had to contend with 5 targets receiving healing at 60 per target. Moira just blows away the competition when it comes to healing. As a result, her offensive power is extremely low, and on fairly shaky ground.

There’s a lot of ignorance about whether players should be using Biotic Orb damage or Biotic Orb healing, and some ignorant players will say that it depends. It’s not really an question of “depending”, it’s a question of math. At 200 damage, against 4 targets, that’s 50 damage, or 5 targets 40 damage. This is an improvement from 6v6, but it also got hurt in the fact that armor now affects Damage Over Time effects like Biotic Orb, so there’s actually a 30% reduction in damage output against the fifth (tank) target or armor target(s), meaning that it isn’t 40 damage spread across 5 targets, but 40 and 28 damage; with more armored targets taking even further reduced damage (Fortify and other similar effects see the damages reduced even further). Either way, such minimal damage can be cleared up by any support rather quickly and it is a free 200 charge to any enemy support. That means that every enemy support is that much closer to using an ultimate to defend against another ultimate.

At any rate, excessive amounts of healing aren’t usually seen as too useful in the upper brackets because everyone there is a better shot and a better killing shot than anyone in the lower brackets. Often times in the lower brackets, players tend to die to incidental damage because their supports aren’t paying attention. While Lucio’s healing is very power, it is spread wide, and tends to keep incidental damage low or healed. More skilled players, who take positioning and communicate often and frequently tend to avoid incidental damage, so Lucio’s healing isn’t used too much except in cases where it might be needed (close-ranged brawl where speed is no longer required or needed, Crossfade over to healing and AMP to help mitigate extreme damage loss). This allows Lucio to retain high ult charge rates, high healing totals, and maximize when speed is needed. This kind of coordination doesn’t really exist on the lower brackets, so many Lucio’s should be angled towards Crossfade healing, so help with incidental damage, and stay close to the team as possible. Using Crossfade speed to chase, or escape specific dangers, or reach critical allies.

I think they even admitted this, using a roundabout way (unless I’m mistaken)

Personal experience makes me agree with you. Certain behaviors I have witnessed, I can only classify as either throwing, doing it for the lolz or just inexperience.

I’ll agree with the Doomfist part. He can work as a tank but they are playing it too “safe.”
Symmetra OP? Not even, unless your sense of awareness is poor. Sojourn on the other hand…JQ, I’ve had good experiences with, but that’s a subjective matter and she’s too new for me to make any statements.

They should make lootboxes Milestone rewards of the BP (free version) every 10 levels gives you a freebox. Duplicates give you 5 coins. For the premium, the prestige should give you a box for every level up on top of the titles.

And 6v6 should return in arcade as “classic queue”