Do you ever make assumptions about other players based on their skins?

When I see junker d.va I know it is a guy who plays her only because she is meta or something. A real d.va main will never wear that skin.

When I see the Officer or maybe Black Cat skin I am thinking of a wannabe d.va main. Those ppl clearly have bought the skins right away cuz they like the character.

2 Likes

For me it’s default=pro. Especially if it’s Widow or Hanzo.
Idk why, but my best games were won in default skins, and oddly enough, I tend to prefer them to most other skins.
Also Shanghai Dragons or Florida Mayhem skin=pro.

And My Biggest Fear

Default skin, golden gun Torb

4 Likes

Any Reinhardt that wears a flashy, golden skin is weak and will crumble under pressure.

Origins Reins are true team players and will defend you until their last healthbar.

Blackhardts, expect no help from these rogues but beware as the enemy. They will find you and destroy you.

2 Likes

I sometimes use goth Zarya because I think the gun looks awesome in first person. lol

Man-in-the-Yellow-Hat McCree is kinda weird, though. I don’t get the appeal. :X

3 Likes

If you’re using Witch Mercy outside of the Halloween season I assume you’re one of those people who are way too intense about the Mercy balance situation. You’re also probably very nice when you’re winning, and a real pain in the *** when losing. You’re good at your character too though.

Santa torbs out of season however, are great people.

3 Likes

I assume that when someone has a gold weapon skin that they’re on their mains and more reliable than the average player.

Whenever I play with a goth Zarya I always imagine I’m playing on a team with The Crow
edit: like literally, The Crow sitting in the dark playing ow on his pc

3 Likes

Anyone using the B.Va skin is instantly an amazing D.Va player in my mind for some reason.

EDIT: I don’t know why I replied to you, sorry!

3 Likes

I hope you 38+ years old then, friend xD

A couple of mine have to do with Tracer’s All Star skin and her Punk/Rebel skins.

All Star tends to be used by people that are either really good, or by people that want people to think they’re good. Either way, they can be annoying.

The Punk/Rebel skins tend to be used by the more toxic tracer players (Not all of them, just a lot of them that I’ve seen.). They also tend to Teabag more often the most tracers.

1 Like

Anyone with either of Zarya’s goth skins has ascended this mortal plane. I fear them.

1 Like

Anyone wearing jazzy is bad

1 Like

I rotate my D.Va skin every game. INCLUDING the Junker skins. They’re good everyone is just mean

1 Like

Oni Genji,Graffiti Tracer and Winged Victory Mercy are tryhards.

Oof, I like Cat Dva because I like cats.
Still an og main though.

Slipstream Tracers tend to be jovial trolls.

Granted this sample size consists of exactly 1. Personal experience. :stuck_out_tongue:

Come @ me.

FTFY
(or at least for me)

2 Likes

If only we could sticker tune our genjis! I bet a TRD sticker would add 10 hp!

1 Like

I hate anyone who uses OWL skins because they hurt my eyes.

Skins are novelty items, so they aren’t the thing that I make assumptions with.