Do you ever make assumptions about other players based on their skins?

One of mine is that I always tend to assume that any Hanzo player using one of his Wolf Legendaries must be pretty oldschool* because I remember the days where those skins had a quieter Ult line than the default one so basically every serious Hanzo player used it.

*Relatively speaking, the game’s not that old yet.

2 Likes

Default skin = Noob.

3 Likes

If someone has an LA Valiant skin they’re automatically awesome.

Anyone using a skin called “carbon fibre” is at least 10 years younger than me.

10 Likes

Default skin at a high level makes me spooked.

12 Likes

Any genji using oni or carbon is 12 years old

3 Likes

“He donated $20 to charity, clearly he loves children”

8 Likes

Valiant get out Gladiator supremacy reeeeeeeeeeee

jk soon is cool

2 Likes

Anyone using a Moira skin other than Glam (except the event skins during the events I suppose) has bad taste. Sorry I don’t make the fashion rules, I just follow them ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I’m glad I pass this litmus test tbh glam for life babey

1 Like

i always see it as the opposite if i see someone with a default skin…that guys probably about to solo wipe the enemy team rofl

3 Likes

I kinda think anyone who uses the newest skin forever until the next newest one is out is kinda boring and uncreative, like people who are using Cabana Ana still just because it’s the ‘newest’ thing for Ana

When I see a Genji player with golden Oni skin, I know I’m about to get annihilated because they’re usually absurdly good and I give up on getting potg

12 Likes

Not really. I don’t usually even notice skins that much, but when I do it’s just typical thoughts like,

“Ugh, I’m so sick of seeing that skin. People just use it because it’s new.”

“Why would you pick that skin? It’s so ugly. I don’t understand people.”

“Of course they have that skin. Everyone uses that skin.”

Etc.

But as far as subconsciously judging someone’s playing ability based on skins? Hmm … I actually don’t think so.

This tbh

They’ve either just got the game or they’re actually a GM

It’s like using no cosmetics and stock weapons in TF2.

It’s either a new player who has no clue what’s going on, or a veteran players about to go on a God-Like Killstreak with a gun with over 15K tracked kills on it.

There is no inbetween and it’s horrifying.

5 Likes

STAAAAAAAAAAAAR MAAAAAAAAAN

2 Likes

Also on topic: I don’t judge people for using skins unless they’re using skins that suck.

I refuse to believe that anyone uses Goth Zarya or Bananacree for anything other than a meme.

1 Like

lol sometimes I will use a default skin just to be sneaky

If you see a chrome Genji or a rose Tracer, you’re about to have your butt handed to you.

2 Likes