Do you even care about Symmetra, Blizzard?

If you consider the entire playerbase as 50 OWL players

1 Like

So her rework which was brought to the live serves for millions of players was only directly suppose to cater less than .01% of the playerbase (OWL players)?

Even if that was true, her rework was most certainly tied in with her pickrate on the ranked ladder across all elos

But why should we care about the best players in the world? They aren’t the majority and I could care less about them. Wouldn’t you rather listen to the people who actually play her?

2 Likes

They don’t care so hard that they spent hours upon hours on making a full rework for her.

But those pros have had FOUR MINUTES on her!

2 Likes

I think Blizzard foresaw that OW might potentially have too many heroes and it’ll be further difficult for balancing issues. So they simplified the roles to just strictly tank, damage, and healer or semi roles.

Symmetra was the only hero that didn’t really fit any category very well because she’s the most unique one.

And why should the rest care about the few Sym mains that actually liked the 2.0 version?

You dont get that you cant balance a hero only thinking about the people “who actually play her”, the opinion of the people who play AGAINST her its just as important

1 Like

They didnt use because she was bad, its really not that hard to understand.

She wasnt even strong in her niche.

We’ll see if they use her this season.

They wont because she is still bad.

The devs have no idea what to do with her.

I never said you should only think about us Symmetra mains, I said that we shouldn’t focus just on OWL players.

Honestly I know you don’t like me already and I know you love new Symmetra and want to protect her, but thats besides the point.

Most of us know they didnt only rework her because she was to “niche.” The character had the highest winrate in the game and had finally had her pick-rate come above 1% after the introduction of Brig into the game and the Pulse Bomb nerf.
However she never saw ANY form of pro play. It’s kind of obvious that if you want a successful E-SPORT you need your game to seem remotely balanced and that your entire cast can be used at some time. Thats why Sym came first before Sombra, Torb, and hopefully bastion. She wasnt played ONCE, while Sombra, torb and bastion all saw some playtime.

Check patch notes today may dude!

1 Like

Didnt fix the main issue. The issue is the things tick-rate.
While i’m totally for the 1.6second charge time it is still WAY to long for that kind of weapon. And it still has its HORRENDOUS tickrate that makes the orbs still a better option for any 1v1 encounter.

So pleased that they’re finally addressing the charge time but I hope they make a stealth fix to her tick rate as well.

1 Like

I don’t dislike you, I just don’t agree on you with a few things. I miss Sym 2.0 and there are a few things I want to return, but I simply enjoy 3.0 more.

If we go of win-rate, she should have been nerfed. Even if we actually pay attention to the reason it was so high, it just shows that she wasn’t as good.

That was a thing for months. She hit that the summer after her rework.

It fell pretty quickly after that. Also, current Symmetra has already broke 1% pick-rate and is trending up,

Were you okay with her being UP then?

1 Like

If UP means underplayed then yes. I like characters that aren’t fan favorites because I feel as if the community around the character is more supportive and actually invested into the character.

1 Like

No offense but… that sounds incredibly selfish. It sounds like you don’t care about people who want to take a hero and play them in multiple situations and not deal with toxicity for playing them just so you can have you ideal community. Why does another person have to have their favorite hero be seldomly used and not be able to pick them often just so you can have a community.

This is also controdictory to what you’ve said in that past about Sym 2.0. You have said that aspects of 2.0 were better yet, you want her to stay niche, implying that you she was worse before.

2 Likes

No one wants their character to stay niche. I never said I wanted her to stay niche. I just like starting a game out with an underplayed character. I really didn’t mind that she was getting reworked. I just DID mind that they changed her drastically and failed to even move her out of F-tier.

1 Like

She needs more work, but the main reason I miss Sym 2.0 is knowing ninja players were smashing their keyboards as I M1’d them to death or a 6 turret carwash.