Do the devs listen?

If it’s in terms of balancing. I think the community plays a part in what is looked at.

I think the community really just plays a role of looking at what common trends show up of what things people continue to bring up, so it’s at least at their attention. They then look towards streamers to see if any of those key points exist, and then towards the pros.

More or less, I think the devs listen in the way of a funneling process.

1 Like

They listen, but not to everything…just look at reaper.
The did everything the community wanted.
Buff him? They did it in a way they tought it woud work. It didnt. So they rebalanced him a bit.
The comunety asked for buffs/QoL changes to shadowsteps. They buffed and QoLed it.
And so on…

I’m biased when it comes to the balancing because I enjoyed sym 2.0. I remember the sym megathreads where the people that actually played sym had their opinions overlooked. They just ignored us for the larger community.
It really sucked.
Thank god there are no more reworks no one else has to worry about losing a character

They do, we’re just not privy to their internal discussion regarding feedback. It actually would be nice if they did a live round table addressing feedback, at least to perhaps give people an idea of why certain things fall to the back burner or go unaddressed. I can appreciate it if they’re trying to avoid pulling an Elon Musk and not overstate things that aren’t concrete.

1 Like

I hope they dont listen to the forums too much.

I see too many people asking for unnecessary buffs/nerfs constantly instead of just getting better at the game

2 Likes

Do you think there is anything they should listen to on the forms?

They should listen to as much as possible. They don’t have to agree with all or, in fact, any of it. But they should do everything they can to keep their finger on the community’s pulse.

Ideally, they should also put out periodic position statements, stating what they think about popular topics of discussion.

They’ve stated, regarding writing at least, that they do not listen to negative feedback.

But I wonder if this doesn’t seep into other aspects of game design. Overall it seems like a bit too much of a “safe space” ideology for a company to take over constructive criticism.

I think there’s a better written article out there somewhere, but that about sums it up.

They’re about as good at listening to people as the British Government lol

1 Like

I think they do listen and make good decisions. The issue is that they don’t reciprocate. We talk a lot but they never say a word. Even if they do talk it’s very vague and often hidden away in some person’s personal stream. It’s the internet so the info will get out but still.

They need to drop the secrecy and marketing hype build talk. Just tell what you are doing when you sit down at your desk every morning. The casual audience who cares about this hype stuff is mostly gone. The people who are still here just want to know what they are doing.

Sombra mains feel you dawg

1 Like

I like to imagine that Jeff reads every single post and comment, but only says stuff when he really feels like it would add to the discussion.

Btw Jeff, could you make a payload map where the payload has some sort of special factor? Like they have to push a series of small parts one at a time that all connect like a train to the finally part of the map? I know it’s weird and gimmicky but I think it would be an interesting concept. love you.

Only to pros and only the stuff that they want to hear about.

In contrast

No the game at this point is totally community run also big reason for the workshop update just so they can even put less effort in and possible steal al the good ideas.

They listen, but i dont think to the forums :man_shrugging:

Either they listen, or I’m good at mindreading.
Let's be real for a sec - #42 by GreyFalcon-11737

I think they try their best. They have made really brainless decisions (release Brig, 1st Moth mercy), but I get the feeling that even though they’re sometimes dumb that they do care about their game otherwise they wont try any harder. Things like the workshop wont exist if they didnt care, because they can run away, they made their money from loot boxes and OWL. They dont need to keep working on new features, but they do. I think we need to keep supporting them until there is 0 hope for the game/company.

THe devs stopped listening after Mercy Nerf. The backlash of Mercy 2.0 reached far and wide when it came to removing “HUGE rez” from the game.