Do people actually want Bastion viable?

They think they do, but as soon as it happens they’ll cry “OP plz nerf Bastion is killing this game!!!1!”

My mistake I thought he traveled faster horizontally in tank.

I think it shows numbers in thousands. When I said 41K I meant it just says 41 or something.

Was he F tier in mid tiers before the rework? If so that’s pretty interesting. What exactly happened in the rework I wasn’t here then… :l
To me it feels like the kit itself will be hard to balance for high tiers because he’s so stationary regardless of a damage increase. If tank mode doesn’t have faster mobility to reposition with I’m not sure it’d help out that much. You want it so that he can land direct hits on stuff beyond his effective range right? That might make a good deal of difference.

Nah, I kind of want him to be subpar.

He’s really not fun to play against. He’s a stationary turret that just mows you down in a second. That is not enjoyable gameplay. Maybe if he was changed in a way so that he played differently.

Honestly no, I don’t want Bastion to succeed too much. It’s not fun at all to battle someone who’s able to survive stationary like a brain dead lump on a log.

Well, I also have 0 kills, 0 crits, 0 time spent on fire, 0 objective time…

Oh yeah, he was still f-tier before… But he was better than he is now.

Here’s his rework… I think this is everything anyway…

• Sentry mode
    • Increased spread by 50%
    • Increased ammo to 300
    • Removed headshots
    • Always at maximum spread
  • Recon mode
    • Decreased spread by 25%
  • Repair
    • Can now use repair while moving
    • Damage no longer stops repair
    • Added a resource meter
  • Ironclad (new passive)
    • Gives passice damage resistance of 35% (later reduced to 20%)
  • Tank mode
    • No longer gives 150 armor

Here’s a rework for you. Takes away Ironclad as a passive so he can’t just sit there and face tank stuff, puts Tank mode on E for different gameplay.

Fair enough. I checked in game and have 25K if that’s accurate which is extremely lower than 41K so they definitely got something weird going on.

Old Bastion does sound better. If they had given him the repair change and did nothing else he’d probably be in a bit better spot. If he was F tier mid ranks why’d they change him anyways? Did they think those changes were a net buff?

That’s better… still fairly high for an average, but somewhat reasonable… maybe you haven’t played too many games this season?

All he really needed was the repair change and the recon change… Recon was pretty trash before the rework. And also maybe the transform time buffs, those are kinda important since the game has sped up so much since then…

Oh, and I did forget that his transformation times were changed. Going from Recon to Sentry was changed from 1.5 seconds to 1 second, and going from Sentry to Recon was changed from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.

I don’t like it… feels OP and the ult is just ‘moar power’ which I feel is unimaginative (and would just make him super OP).

Well, I mean, the idea of Doomfist being able to one shot people on a 4 second cooldown seems pretty OP too, yet here we are…

It’s an ult, it’s meant to be powerful… and it doesn’t even really do much, just bumps Sentry’s fire rate to 35, and restores Tank mode to what it is currently… It’s basically the same as Molten Core, only it makes more sense, because Bastion is a robot…

Well for whatever it’s worth, I don’t really like Doomfist either.

I don’t like fast TTK heroes. Fights that take time are fun. Just being instagibbed is not. Bastion’s stupidly fast TTK is not fun to play into, and to be honest, turrets just kind of ruin games in general. The only way Bastion could be made fun is just to make him into Soldier 76 #2, which isn’t great either.

I honestly think Bastion is just another faliure of a character design that is too flawed to be considered for meta play. He should stay a niche hero.

Have you ever played vs a Bastion or cheese comp and actually enjoyed the experience?

Cause I never have.

I like slower paced games too, I really liked triple tank/death ball all those seasons ago. Bastion (as he is now) doesn’t really have a very good TTK though, I have a thread on that too.

We’re trying to get rid of the cheese comps… The only real reason they exist is because that’s the only way to play Bastion. He’s just way too weak on his own to be viable without half his team babysitting him, which makes a cheese comp.

I’ve definitely enjoyed games against Bastion’s normally though, it forces you to work with your team, which is a good thing, the game needs more of that.

Reverse that. High level triple barrier Bastion Pirate Ships end up becoming a match of who can kill everyone in the first teamfight the fastest on Offense. They don’t so much deal with him as do him better.

Being used on ONE map doesn’t really count as “useful”… And I haven’t seen pirate ship used in months…

1 Like

If he’s only “viable” in one instance of attack payload, then he’s not really viable at all.

1 Like

But recon gun has the tiniest full auto spread in the game. Its so accurate you can just hold left button even when shooting small distant targets.

Sentry will always be between broken OP and useless because your team doesnt babysit you. The only exception is surprise sentry. Currently most good bastion players use recon as his primary mode constantly repositioning and looking for opportunities when they can go sentry and tear apart anaware targets.
Thats why I want recon mobility buffs (maybe something like slow lifting version of pharah’s jump jets or null sector style drop pod). It will indirectly buff sentry w/o making it broken. It will make bastion more fun to play and increase his skill ceiling.

1 Like

You mean… You need TEAMWORK ?
Dude, going by that logic, pretty much every DPS would be to be subpar.

Too bad OW is completly headed in that direction.
The game is more and more speed based.
At that point, it’s adept or die.