“Do not watch OWL”

For the “non enjoyment” part, yes. For the “mad at Blizzard” part, no.

I don’t think realistically there are any people who are in that camp of “would enjoy the Overwatch League but won’t let themselves”. The Venn Diagram of people who are angry with Blizzard and people who dislike the League is a circle.

3 Likes

No one is suggesting anyone has to watch OWL.

Um, yes they are, and yes they have.

I have seen exactly that thread on this very forum - and more than one of the posts on this very thread are exactly written to that very tune.

2 Likes

That’s true, but there’s no assurances. The alternative extreme is that OWL fails and Blizz pull the plug on the live game. There’s no way to ‘win’. Reality will be somewhere in between.

Hey, maybe you Support it from pragmatism, but get into it and enjoy it? What’s there to lose from that aspect?

Well I’m sorry if someone actually feels like they have to do something someone else tells them to do. They shouldn’t feel that way. They have a choice.

How is encouraging people to not decide on whether they watch the league or not based on their vendetta against Blizzard a sign of asking the viewers to do charity?

Many people enjoy the league and some have been looking forward to it and to change your mind on watching them and screwing the players in the league over just cause they nerfed Doomfist or they haven’t finished with their guild/clan plans yet or they “buffed Reaper the wrong way” is a horrible reason to not watch it.

But this is like saying “I don’t drink coke, I don’t like it” - will you at least try it? There’s a lot of workers in their factory whose livelihoods depend on making this stuff. “Yes, but I don’t like it.” Will you at least pragmatically try it? I’m sure you might like it if you would try it. “But I don’t want to.” Yes, but they’re making this new bottled mineral water that I know you like - if only you’ll buy some of this coke then I’m sure they’ll have more money for producing the mineral water.

It disgusts me that people would suggest I’m asking for charity on behalf of coke factory workers - many people enjoy coke and I am one of them. I don’t understand what everybody’s angry with the coke people for.

7 Likes

How many times do the devs have to say that it’s a different team that deal with the OWL? And that they only helped with the viewing experience like the cameras and top down view?

2 Likes

I don’t want to watch it because I don’t want to watch it. Why on earth is that a controversial position?

1 Like

This is exactly why things dont get done.

People are willing to not only look the other way at what’s directly in front of them, but also fork over more cash in the fear of something truly awful happening to the game…

Feel free to burn away your money – but let me tell you now, no amount of money you give them is going to make them really consider changing.

7 Likes

Does not matter, because both cost money. They spend money on OWL, while they could spend money into dev team to hire more people, to form several departments to work on different aspects of the game.
You know, like Riot Games does.

3 Likes

The only stupid here is trying to defend/support OWL, those pro players own me nothing I don’t care about any of them and will never do. The base game is horrible right now that wasting my precious time watching others playing a dead game is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Agreed.
Yeah, the fact is that I can’t deny that. The only thing that I could say is that it pisses me off that they released that OWL pass. It was all free last year. It is just cheeky to me.

Well it sounded like you were writing the OP off as some sort of charity advertisement (which it isn’t) so I was just wondering.

Also, literally everything you said in your latest post (the one I’m replying to) is so clearly stated in the OP.

Idk why you thought your latest post was necessary.

If you tried S1 and didn’t like it, that’s fine. You don’t need to do season 2.

If you’re telling me “don’t listen to this band, or don’t wear that brand of clothes because they’re not cool”; then I’m sorry that’s just stupid.

You’re not any cooler for not liking something.

There’s the door —> :door:

2 Likes

These are the posts I was answering. The idea that we should watch the League despite not enjoying it is not a one-man opinion. This is the worst kind of marketing - aggressive, moralistic and judgemental.

5 Likes

overwatch is in a terrible terrible situation

…if OWL fails, the game is finally going down.

we might hate OWL but then we need to accept that overwatch is also going down with it.

Well, I think it is more like this:

Coke company starts to introduce itself into the world of “streaming coke”. That is, they spend millions in creating a structure in which they show people drinking coke.
That makes coke to taste significantly worse, and the company does nothing about it.

Does it mean I have to support that “coke streaming” if I want to drink coke?
Well, I can just move to pepsi.