“Do not watch OWL”

I’m not going to point out who made the thread that I am responding to (because I can’t) but if you see this thread I’m referring to, ignore it.

This person is trying to convince the OW community to “not watch the OWL” as a means of showing Blizzard that they shouldn’t be “wasting time” in organizing a league rather than working on balance changes in-game.

If you want to watch the league, watch it.

If not, that’s fine too. However, if you have a beef to pick with Blizzard for whatever reason such as their inconsistencies lately and that is stopping you from watching and enjoying the league, quit being ridiculous. Just don’t watch the league for them. Watch the league to support your favorite players who have poured their heart and soul into being some of the best players around and preparing a terrific showing this year. Don’t take it out on them just because you may be upset with Blizzard.

That’s all.

54 Likes

is will play apex… is that fine too?

13 Likes

I just want my precious Content, but that got delayed becuz of OWL and I don’t enjoy OWL = me being upset about it.

It just sucks but at least those we like OWL will have a fun time… :slight_smile:

15 Likes

So you’re telling me because of what Blizzard does, you want to punish the professional players? You realize the professionals rely on that income of people watching OWL right?

4 Likes

Why is it wrong? We as consumers, that bought the game, deserve content as well. Im 100% in favor of not watching it. Let blizzard know what the fanbase really wants, or let die (if it’s not already lol, i mean the game has less viewers than Dead by Day light on Twitch at the moment i post this LMAO)

39 Likes

Refusing to watch won’t hurt Blizzard it would instead hurt those who dedicated their lives to being the very best. What does Blizzard have to do with a bunch of pros? And if you seriously think Blizzard isn’t doing anything the community wants, they are, your opinion is just the minority. And if you so much as bring up stupid ideas as role queue that will make the game even worse that’s why they have yet to implement it, they have considered role queue. But it’s stupid

1 Like

Not watching a league consisting of players who practice this game intensively down to the bone and fly out from places across the globe to put on a show for the community just because you are upset that the devs didn’t give you specific character balances is a horrible reason not to watch the league.

If you don’t enjoy the league just cause you aren’t interested, then fine.

But for reasons I said earlier? That’s a huge problem.

2 Likes

What are you afraid of…? :smirk:

2 Likes

People who like owl will watch it and people who hate owl (like me) wont watch it. A forum post wont change people preferences.

14 Likes

Exactly, that’s why flaming about that post makes no sense :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

thats hilarious… especially when you think about how terrible dead by daylights last 2 killers were… the dead by daylight community is more divided than overwatch and balance is also really bad… but more viewers than overwatch ouch

2 Likes

Well I’m gonna watch it. I actually want to improve, and the strategies these teams employ are top notch.

3 Likes

People don’t realize that if they stop investing into the league, that it doesn’t mean that money will go to the actual game.

9 Likes

Blizz are all in on this, I feel like grudgingly, but pragmatically, if you love the game you probably should support OWL.

The more successful it is, the more likely we’re going to get support for the live game.

1 Like

Let’s also remember that this game, as others, relies on continued revenue generation. OWL is one way to help pay the devs who try to address issues and create new content. The argument to NOT watch OWL is short-sighted. Foot blown off.

that’s literally what I essentially said in the OP. However, I’m just calling out how ridiculous it is to not watch it just because you may be “upset with Blizzard.”

If you don’t want to watch it cause you legitimately don’t enjoy it, then fine. I respect that.

Am I the only one to feel a great sadness when I real those “don’t watch OWL” posts ?
I feel like people want Blizzard to fail, I don’t know why … Do you think they will tell “Oh ok OWL was a failure, now we stop it and we will put all the money on the game.” ? If you think that, I have bad news for you, it’s too late for that. You’d better wish the OWL is a success, because if it is, maybe the game will improve …

4 Likes

I think the fact people are suggesting in all seriousness to support the league out of either pragmatism or, essentially, charity, tells me all I need to know about the demand curve for this product. If Overwatch’s future depends on the League being a commercial and cultural success, then guys, we’re fifteen minutes from closing time.

8 Likes

Except for the fact that it may happen that if you support OWL, you may be supporting the same direction the game is taking right now.

Some players might not find a big relief on that.

If i dont watch it because i’m upset with blizzard AND i dont enjoy OWL is also fine too, right?

3 Likes