Distinctions between main tanks and off tanks

Having clear main tanks and off tanks is good for the game, and we had it before, but right now we have inbetweens that do everything

Here’s my idea

Revert orisa to be the bunker tank she was in stage 3 and 4,

1. orisa wasnt the issue in OLD double sheilds
  2. Halt is only op because orisa is in the middle of the brawl, not on a high ground, having weaker brawl capabilities fixes that
  3. The worst tank right now is hog, and the worst dps is bastion, both heroes that liked old orisa.
  4. The best 2 dps right now are ashe and widow, (genji got nerfed) and now having 2 barriers is literally not enough to stop it.
  5. Orisa is slightly more boring, but now you cant play her on every map, so its variety and fine

So here’s my take on sigma
-barrier nerfed down to 500 hp
-barrier can now redeploy instantly
-barrier now starts recharging immediately after it gets pulled in

1. One of the main complaints about sigma is that his kit is overloaded
  2. An off tank with a barrier with 900 hp is just too strong.
  3. But the instant redeploy and recharge is to throw him a bone, and heighten his ability to off tank, while taking away his ability to just leave a barrier in front of his team like a main tank
  4. Also, to make some space for orisa hog to exist

The idea is simple
orisa is a clear main tank
sigma is a clear off tank

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

2 Likes

I actually kinda like those sigma changes for the most part. An off tank with a shield is a neat concept but for it to work it needs to be weaker and for best use in emergency/flexible situation. This can stop punishing sigma for using his shield as peel and to protect off angles while weakening his stacking issues with Orissa’s shields.

It might be a bit op tho because if u play him stacked with ur team in a high level and only use ur shield to block cds isn’t he still the best off tank in the game

That’s kinda just his strength then. You could say the same about Zaryas bubbles blocking Cd’s. I know they have a cool down but they are instant and targetable.

Yeah but if u were a pro player grinding that hero every day literally no cd would ever affect ur team

Idk if that’s the case still honestly. You’d have to play close to sigma since his shield needs to travel to block it. They could even lower the shield speed to make that harder.

That is a reasonable concern. I’ll scrim it out a bit in workshop to see how op it is thank you!

Blizzard recently posted their definitive take on tanks on Youtube:

Already watched it, it was right. This is just trying to clear everything up, people will inevitably think sigma is a main tank if his sheild has 900hp, and at that its to strong anyway. And people might think orisa sheild is to weak for a main tank and if you play orisa with any other off tank than sigma, you know how weak it can feel

1 Like