đŸ”¶ Discussion on Why I'm Against Hero Bans

Which is the complete opposite of one-tricking.

I guarantee you that they’d be 10x more valuable to their team if they weren’t a one-trick.

You got to work with what you got.

Works well in a game. Playing heroes you don’t like to play. Fun times.

On my memory, Overwatch is first game, that demands you to decide between fun and winning.

May as well pick fun, since winning isn’t certain.

as opposed to seeing these heroes in every game, or be at distinct disadvantage if your enemy team is playing them and you’re not? 
 I get your point, but there is the alternative that needs to be considered as well - doing nothing, and it’s not good.

I don’t think you deserve to lose for playing a particular hero.

I do however think you deserve to lose for not knowing how to swap to heros that fit the situation better

I accept that there’s nothing I can do to control how my teammates play and focus on doing the best I can with my hero.

Same thing. That’s easy to say until you’re on a multi-game losing streak with those types of players on your team.

there is nothing I can do to make my teammates better, or to change how or what they play, the only thing I can do is focus on me and doing the best I can. so no I don’t care if I get those players. ive had those players, but I can still have high impact so long as I don’t deem it over because one is on my team

But introducing hero bans isn’t going to keep them from being one-tricks. I doubt it’ll make someone learn a different hero just because their hero gets banned every 10 games or so. It’ll eventually just encourage throwing because players are too lazy to play other heroes normally.

You can readjust around one hero. If you have a player who only play Hammond or DVA, you try to play dive with them.

So everyone else who knows how to play the game correctly has to play around a stubborn one-trick to compensate for the weak link. Because they were too lazy to go into QPC and play even a single other hero. That
doesn’t sound right to me. The one-trick puts their team at a disadvantage unless they’re playing a meta hero and hopes that their team will be flexible enough to play around them. How hypocritical.

You’d think the peace of mind of knowing that they have another hero to fall back in case their hero gets banned would encourage a little more flexibility so they don’t get into a match and throw even harder.

Regardless, if this is a system that will discourage that kind of behavior then I welcome it. Even if it doesn’t erase the problem completely, if it makes it happen less than I can accept that.

Just to quote from the big boss himself:

Or because they happen to dislike every other hero.

Then they should play another game instead of ruining the experience for everyone else.

It is more fun if your teammates know how to play multiple heroes but that’s just not going to happen every single time. They removed a lot of flexibility out of the game with role lock. Hero ban would work if they didn’t have a role lock.

But at this point I don’t see a reason to argue our points anymore since the hero bans rumor was confirmed to be false. So each to their own opinion.

It was only confirmed, that developers aren’t going to add it in near future. Just like promised to never add deathmatch modes, or heroes with invisibility.

Banning the heroes those people play is literally the opposite of focusing on yourself. I’m surprised you completely missed that irony.

its not about banning what specific people play?

its about forcing diversity into the meta by banning what the meta demands

The example provided was in regards to banning a character someone plays at a much better level than others, so there’s no difference in this case.

That’s what the community wants obviously. Why do you think people constantly compare them to LoL, Dota and R6 siege? They want them to balance like other games, which does not work.