Disconnection Penalty

I was in a comp match and out of no where i disconnect for an unknown reason and now im getting punished because of that, i find that bs. Also to add to that i am currently streaming so i have proof that whatever happened also affected that.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Well that is something that the system should take in account as i have video evidence of that. I hope you can take this information and improving the system.

I understand it is a hard topic but if there is evidence to prove the leaving as unintentional there could be some way for someone to regain half of the SR that they lost due to the leaver penalty.

Consider this, even though it was not your intention, the action did result in your team being down by one player which means they likely did not win the match. By enforcing penalties on all disconnections, not only does it prevent any window for abuse, but it encourages players to stop playing Competitive and check their connections before continuing. Now this seems like this was a one time disconnection in your case, and if has not been persistent, then the best option is to keep playing. If you are disconnecting frequently, players like myself or Blizzard can help troubleshoot the cause of the disconnection and possibly fix it.