Disconnecting in Comp matches

Hey.
This is seriously getting frustrating and I’m at my breaking point.

I got back into Overwatch just about 2 weeks ago, I grinded back to plat (I know I’m bad) and eventually got to 2600. Once I got there, I was DC’d at the beginning of a game. No warnings, no high ping, nothing, just a random DC, and when I got back into the game, I lost 50 sr and had no further penalties.
I think, alright, this is fine, maybe my wifi hit an error.
So I try and troubleshoot my wifi seeing if that would help.
(Little side note: While my wifi is not the best, it does not jump up and down at all and is normally consistant)
It clocks in at about an average of 14.5 mb/s download, 10 mb/s upload, fair enough, so I think it’s just a minor issue that would only happen that one time as I never had problems before.
Wrong.
This happens, 5 times. Over and over and over again.
I keep checking my wifi and it’s fine, I go to other games and they run fine, I have no idea what to do at this point and am just considering uninstalling because casual gets boring pretty quick for me.
Can anyone help?
(Due to this issue I dropped from 2500 to about 2390 and I’m sick of losing all my grinding process, also now I’m banned for 2 hours because it happened again)

1 Like

Yeah idk whats happening lately. My friend and I both keep disconnecting. Thankfully none were in game. Nothing is wrong with our internet either.

For starters, please switch from using Wireless to a ethernet cable connection. This eliminates a lot common disconnection problems. If that does not work, try these steps first:

If you need more help and those steps are not helping you resolve your disconnection, then we will need to investigate your connection to the server. So be sure to post in the Technical Support forum with the results of a WinMTR test.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here: