Disconnected with immediate penalty

This is the first time I’ve ever experienced a disconnect with immediate 15 minute penalty? Is this working as intended? I’ve played since May 2016 and always had the option to reconnect to a game.

What was really strange is my internet never went out? I had music streaming in the background and it was never interrupted and no notifications ever game up saying my internet went out. This happened right at the end of a critical moment of competitive. This concerns me greatly.

This has happened twice in one night tonight which is twice as much as I’ve experienced in 7 years prior. Bad luck? Bug? I’m suuuuuper skeptical because it was right at the end of a critical moment in competitive.

3 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.