Disconnected midgame cant rejoin because suspended from competitive

my internet connection is fine everything else is working everyone else is connected to the internet at my home and playing online just fine, yet I get disconnected from a koth match where i can’t rejoin because i am suspended from competitive for leaving a match i was trying to stay in? I didn’t exit the match myself, i kept trying to rejoin and I lost 50sr instantly? there was still a full round of koth to play so it’s very weird that I should have been disconnected and unable to rejoin while receiving a competitive cooldown? please fix this

1 Like

You can only rejoin for a certain period of time. Blizzard has no way to track whether you pulled your internet plug to avoid a loss or the server disconnected you, so they treat all leavers the same. More info here: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties - #6 by Drakuloth

i appreciate your reply and information but having been disconnected before and able to reconnect i don’t think this is a good answer,
I got kicked out the game, option rejoin match was available YET i was also at the same time suspended from playing competitive for 10 minutes. I was suspended from joining my match that was in progress, that should not be happening

This suspension happens after you have left a few matches or disconnected from them early. It doesn’t happen on the very first time.

To clarify, if you left during the pre-game or the first minute of gameplay in the first round of that match, the match automatically cancels and you are penalized. The link that Nicole explains this in great detail.

1 Like