Disconnected From Game Server

So far 3 times today in the middle of a Competitive Game i have been disconnected from the Overwatch servers, i know it’s not my internet connection cutting out because other things like “Discord” are still working just fine, i have lost over 150 SR today due to something i can’t even attempt to fix, and i have a week ban from the competitive gamemode which sucks, i try so hard to gain SR yet i have to lose it all and then some just because of something out of my control

1 Like

Yup, same with me. For the past week i simply struggle to connect to games in overwatch. Not to mention that it takes like 5 times to log in to just enter overwatch itself . So far ive lost 50 sr becouse i couldnt connect to competitive game. i havent played almost any competitive, becouse its such a gambe - wether i will join the game- or not : ( . Now i try to play mostly quick play, mainly because even if i dont connect i dont lose sr. Also I tried alternetive servers (for me - Americas and Asia, becouse i live in europe) . Those work just fine and i connect to games immediatly. And i would probably stay on those servers if i didnt have the enourmos ping.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

1 Like

The thing is that is not the issue for me, i live in the americas and my ping is just fine, i’m usually at 30 or so, but ever since the winter wonderland patch it’s been uncontrollable dc’s from the game, but its not my internet connection! like i said up there, other online things like “Discord” still worked so I don’t know what was wrong

(On PS4) Constantly getting disconnected, failing to log in, and “server closed due to unexpected error” since the latest update. The game is literally unplayable.
My wife and I checked the internet, reset our router, took off other active devices, even installed a range extender; no change. If it’s something on our side, we’ve ruled out every logical option.
It’d be nice if we could play during the update.

Okay, so, yesterday i did all of the steps mentioned above, and my game started working again. But to be 100% sure i thought, i should see what happens tomorrow before playing comp. Aaaand next day surprise, surprise, I cant connect to games again. So i decided to do all the steps mentioned here again. Did all of them, and now the connection seems to be in an even worse state than before. Big help needed.

Lost connection 3 times in the last 2 days, lost 150 SR,

I’ve checked my connection, I’ve done was blizzard suggests, I’ve got the suggested protections and the game will sign me out, Log me back in, and rejoin the game automatically,

During the game this is quick, in the first 2 min = -50 SR