Disconnected from comp match

This is complete BS. Ya, my team would have lost regardless, but now I lost 50 SR. Thanks once again blizzard. Your lack of caring about issues really helps this game.

For an entire round I sat there lagging and disconnecting. Considering about a month ago you recognized this issue why has it not been solved?

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Ya, I don’t get that message. I also don’t appreciate blizzard not fixing the problem. This is a big deal. How is it fair to have something rip SR away from you that isn’t your fault? There is already enough in competitive that does this. Bad servers should not add to it.

Sorry but you must understand that if the servers are at fault at any moment, dozens of players would report it at the same time, there is no such activity for quite sometime. Its necessarily not you, its not necessarily the servers, but most likely something in-between such as an Internet hub dropping the connection. This is why the penalty starts small at only 10 minutes and you only lose 50 SR each time. That is not a lot.

By checking your equipment, you ensure all problems on your end are accounted for. Then if you are still disconnecting, the next step would be to investigate the connection route by doing a WinMTR test and pinpoint where the problem exists.

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98

Please please please send help. I was playing some competitve the other day and I got disconnected. I figured a glitch. Something went wrong. It happened again. I tried to stay chill. Then I was getting disconnected here and there from my games and getting suspended for 2 hours and I was mad. What would happen is the characters would start to move in place and then I would know, oh go reconnect to the match so you won’t get banned.

And yes I know it looks like I am on pc. I am typing this on from my pc account but this was all happening on my xbox. I have a xbox one x. And just as recently as 2 days ago I didn’t have these problems. But now, I am having 75% experience being deducted from my matches and I can’t take it. I get suspended, lower sr by 50 while trying my best to stay happy and positive. Should I quit competitive overwatch? What should I do? Please help I really may quit. I’ve tried everything, but it also does seem like xbox live was having some problems, but I am not sure. Please help. Please. Please. Please.

They directly said they were having server issues. 50 SR is a lot. That is two games worth of SR, and considering it’s happened multiple times it stacks up. No offense, but stop trying to defend blizzard. Certain problems need to be addressed. This isn’t something technical support can fix. This is not a problem from my end.

I think xbox live has actually been having problems because when I disconnect it says connection lost to xbox live. So it looks like you play on pc which I didn’t know that servers were down on pc, but for xbox the servers were out for like 5 hours today and it is still acting weird. Sometimes it will be fine and someitmes it won’t.

I was just curious if they could at least temporarily rid the 75% penality because this is what is happening when the xbox live continues to crash and then go back up. I have a -75% penality right now and when my competitive match crashed my sr went down 30 but only 30 because the match hadnt started so i was technically lucky that it crashed sooner. I am actually extremely frustrated being that I am in bronze on xbox and I was climbing my way out and was happy untill all these problems started up a couple of days ago.

Who said there was server issues? As one of the forum MVPs, I communicate regularly with Blizzard. Now last night there was issues with the Xbox Live Service which did affect Overwatch and other games, but that has nothing to do with the game servers.

They aren’t down, but are just laggy, and causing players to sometimes disconnect

I get disconnected every other match, I am still being affected the same as I ws before.