Sorry but you must understand that if the servers are at fault at any moment, dozens of players would report it at the same time, there is no such activity for quite sometime. Its necessarily not you, its not necessarily the servers, but most likely something in-between such as an Internet hub dropping the connection. This is why the penalty starts small at only 10 minutes and you only lose 50 SR each time. That is not a lot.
By checking your equipment, you ensure all problems on your end are accounted for. Then if you are still disconnecting, the next step would be to investigate the connection route by doing a WinMTR test and pinpoint where the problem exists.
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 220.127.116.11:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 18.104.22.168
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 22.214.171.124
- US Central - 126.96.36.199
- Brazil - 188.8.131.52
- Europe - 184.108.40.206
- Europe - 220.127.116.11
- Korea - 18.104.22.168
- Taiwan - 22.214.171.124