Disconnected and returned to win, still lost SR for the disconnect

I was disconnected midway through a match and then rejoined the match to ultimately win. However instead of going up the SR didn’t move and I ended up about 50 points lower than earlier. I hope it can be resolved

1 Like

Came here looking for an answer since that same situation just happened to me for the first time this season. So we win the match but I lost SR for the disc AND got temp suspended.
Right now it looks like once you disconnect/crash out, there is absolutely no incentive to rejoin the game at all.

2 Likes

This just happened to me as well… Why even bother adding a Rejoin Feature??? I’d be prepared to lose the additional SR if we lost after rejoin but having no personal incentive to rejoin is garbage mechanics.

Same issue here - game froze (not responding), alt f4, relaunch, 30 seconds - didn’t even gave me a chance to reconnect. Just the 10 minute suspension and the 50 Sr loss.

This plus the SR GAP between winning and loosing is rly demotivating me to play comp. I try to stick to healers this season or fill any comp gaps we have, so i really feel cheated when a wins brings me 20-ish something SR, then I loose 40 and have to win twice for a minor climb of 15sr. And then this happens.

My game score this season so far is 7/3 yet I’m ~30 sr lower then i was after placement because of technical issues and a win/loose sr reward sistem that i feel punishing, much more then rewarding

1 Like

Same here. Disconnected and lost SR. Blizzard can’t tell the difference between leavers and disconnects. They don’t care about their report system.

2 Likes

Happening to me as well, got an hour and a half ban too, “thanks Blizzard” Can’t even submit a ticket seems that is down as well, was looking forward to another extremely cheesy insincere, nothing we can do, sorry we suck, ticket response again, now that wont even happen.

1 Like

Yeah this just happened to me tonight. I was in a competitive game with a group and my game crashed after the first half, I returned before the point was even taken (We were attacking on King’s row.) Went through the rest of the half and won at the end. At the end checking my SR it went down still after the win and I was banned form Comp for a short time. There should be a forgiveness for those who return to their games, it’s totally unfair that if someone disconnects from the game either from internet or game crash or whatever the purpose, and makes back into the game and actually plays in the same competitive game, to still be punished for having been disconnected in the first place.

One year later. Still happening…

1 Like

Well, stop leaving games then. What do you expect to happened honestly. People have to be punished for leaving the game and making it 5v6 for two minutes +.

How can u stop the server from disconnecting you? What. Id like to know. Please. Enlighten me

The 50 sr penalty is fine. If you return and win, you should still regain what you wouldve earned, negating some of the penalty.

It isnt ok to leave, but if it is out of your control there is currently no incentive to return besides helping your team.

I remember a game on anubis where I had an amazing team that actually worked well together, but a windstorm knocked out my power. I got my generator running, and I got back in and won. It was a 20 minute game, I missed maybe 4 minutes of defense during which time we lost A+B.

My team would not have won if I had not returned, despite being full of members who deserved and earned a win. And, fact is, if they were not such a great team I probably would not have gone to that length to get back in the game for no SR.

Your performance based SR will still severely suffer from missing minutes of a game. They should still give you something.

Your interenet conection is disconnecting you. Or somewhere on the way to blizzard.

This is the ultimate necro thread.

It’s been resurrected so many times.