⚠️ Disabled Competive

I hope they make the most of the extra few days and sort out queues, MMR for each rank before S18 goes live.

1 Like

You sounds like a guy who should be writing test scripts, whether you meant to or not

I mean Im quite sure my support is on low Diamond instead of high Plat lvl

Peaked 2960 but crashed down after my winning streak bcs forced 50 50 duh

Sooooooo what’s going on? Any news?

If you re-enable a MMR reset the health of your game will be so much better, so many people were excited to get back on and grandmaster games would’ve been amazing, please keep MMR reset.

6 Likes

Don’t see any kind of apology in that statement.

Then you should also know that even with QA (as someone who works in IT myself) that a simple number, comma, or whatever out of place can be overlooked even by the best analytics out there.

It’s called human error, and we all have it whether you believe it or not.

1 Like

so we basically have to wait another week or what?

2 Likes

That’s a lot of speculation there bud, but if your conspiracy theory makes you feel better I guess that’s valid, don’t expect anyone to take your little rant too seriously though. Mistakes happen, no system is perfect, no matter how long someone works on it, humans aren’t perfect and as such we don’t write perfect systems either

2 Likes

That’s a valid point for code review, not for definition and execution of test scripts

An actual for real picture of me.

Outstanding.

Pros and high rank players got a taste of how BS the placement system is and how bad the games are at lower ranks. So the game got shut down. If it was any of the rest of us nothing would have been done. The best 2 hrs of twitter in a good while :relieved:. Hey maybe that’s “the ranks they’re supposed to be at” and they should just “get gud” :joy:.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Even in test scripts or the finished product it can still happen. What truly matters is how long said issues are detected and how fast the process starts to troubleshoot the issue. That shows dedication of the teams that are responsible for coding on any game or piece of software.

Leaving a system alone until “we get around to it” is where many programmers and technicians falter.

1 Like

So you admit SR and matchmaking is based on prior seasons? When season 18 went live, this means GM players were placing where they belong since there was no previous data to automatically place them in GM.

4 Likes

Forced 50/50 is real, bro. That’s why if you look at winrates per hero, for every hero, it’s always around 50% no matter what.

It’s not the characters winrates themselves, but instead the meta, either overall or per match, and the match making algorithm.

I think this image accurately sums this bug up

10 Likes

Now that we’ve brought competitive back I’m closing this topic to avoid confusion. Feel free to continue discussions around matchmaking and role queue in other appropriate threads.

15 Likes