Director’s Take: Keeping true to our heroes

Director’s Take: Keeping true to our heroes

We have a new update from Aaron Keller regarding arcade modes, push maps, and bringing IP collaborations to Overwatch

View Full Article

14 Likes

I enjoy push maps and dont know why so many people dislike, stop staggering and regroup? Ult economy???

15 Likes

That advice never saved 2cp.

20 Likes

Not everyone plays high mobility DPS/tanks.

Play Zen on push. I dare you.

22 Likes

An absolute joke article, revert Mercy changes!!! or there will be more and more exodus of players, and matchmaking get worse, worse and worse.

15 Likes

Team Fortress 2 is getting a real update.

Bye.

16 Likes

I’m exhausted just thinking about this.

1 Like

So a whole lot of nothing.

2 Likes

To be fair, this was written before they realized everyone and their cat was going to complain about Mercy.

9 Likes

This update is good and communication is what we asked for.

Stop conflating your Mercy whining with actual good work.

Queuing for multiple arcade modes is well overdue - happy it seems to be coming.

10 Likes

You’ve listed the exact reasons people dislike Push maps. Yeah in a perfect world where your team is perfectly in-sync Push isn’t that bad. But it suffers from the same problems 2CP has, where it’s great for organised gameplay but just sucks for ranked where that coordination isn’t there.

Its first real update since 2017/18.

And it’s probably not going to be the Heavy update so yawn.

I think Deathmatch should be counted as an Arcade mode for the Challenge credit. It seems weird having it grouped under Unranked.

3 Likes

i sitll feel that 2cp needs to be brought back and do away with push maps and i feel like push maps may of increased toxicity in the game so im not really impressed with the direction of where the game is heading

11 Likes

Our aim is to get balance information out to you all on or before my next update and if it looks like there are big issues with balance our intention would be to fix them before the mid-season patch.

I for one like this new approach :ok_hand:

This is exacerbated by the fact that we have challenges that require people to play in the arcade and we’ve moved the most popular game modes from it to the Unranked card

I miss being able to farm mystery heroes for arcade wins :pray:

5 Likes

Our aim is to get balance information out to you all on or before my next update and if it looks like there are big issues with balance our intention would be to fix them before the mid-season patch.

Well, in regards to Mercy.

I think a lot of players would like to have the 1.5sec GA cooldown back, but there’s a lot of ways to lower her survival in compensation.

• Lower Sympathetic Recovery to 15% instead of 25%
  • Sympathetic Recovery doesn’t stack with additional chain beams in Valk
  • Normal Beam Length in Valk at 15m instead of 30m
  • Normal GA Flight Speed in Valk at 17m/s, down from 25 m/s.
  • Even further reduced backwards GA speed
  • Lower the duration of Valk to 7-10sec, down from 15 sec
  • 5 Less Blaster bullets

In regards to damage boost. Literally just nerf/rework Sojourn.

• 130 damage Rail that can’t crit
  • 225hp or 175hp + 25armor
  • 5 sec Powerslide, down from 7 sec

Would make sure she’s still good at high ELO, but would drastically improve her winrates in Middle/Low ELOs.
(Also mobility is inherently Fun)

3 Likes

Still more updates than Overwatch 2.

One.

More anime skins is where this goes. One of their only good decisions. I am glad to see they ARE interested in money after all. I was a bit concerned for awhile.

1 Like

Not sure this is the communication anyone asked for. It’s literally non-communication, nothing is really said.

1. We’re looking at arcade
  2. Repeating message already said about Push maps in previous communication
  3. We want to balance faster (already said)
  4. Collabs (already said)

The only new thing in this is mentioning that they know arcade challenges suck. The rest is pretending to communicate but not really.

13 Likes

I can pull up my zen playtime and wr later if you want i play anything on any map idc

1 Like

Then get chatGPT to write articles from now on. It can spit better walls of text with more predicts than whatever that article was. It could literally keep a better blog then humans, so at this point we need actions > words.

Yep the game is getting worse and worse. Maybe a new director and a new take.

First impressions: the map looks nice but still has some bugs. Large void/black areas and ofc the sym tp just bugging out. With all the rest of the bugs introduced this patch, it’s like one new map traded for the cost of working client.

5 Likes