Did placement. +300 from last season

This seems… at the far end of the bell curve.

I normally solo Q and I am at the whim of the other 5 and often… its a fluster cluck. Finally got lucky and 2 people were on who I do play with. Did 7 of the games with them and went 5-2. Pretty good. Lost one to a dps who just made the worst choices to ever exist. 9th match I Qd solo and got paird with a 5 stack and we GOATS’d the other team to death. Stayed with team for placement ten and we GOATS’d our way to another easy win. Now, my stats were pretty stellar even on lost games.

Has anyone else gotten placed way above or below previous season?

I have an account where all I do is place at the end of the season. I have been doing this since season 8 was 2800
season 12 was 3400
Maybe I’ll get above 3500 this season.

That’s all I play is placements though, right at the end so I don’t decay.

1 Like

Can’t even be mad at that lol. Should post every seasons SR for science.

1 Like

Typically people only get massive swings like this if they don’t play much. This causes your MMR/SR go into soft reset mode, where you gain and lose much more MMR/SR per game. If you then hit a lucky streak (or just became a better player) your SR can really pop up. See Season 9 Placements Analysis, High Variance Explained for details.

It happens. I finished one season 3000 and then placed 3330 the next season despite going only 6-4 in placements. Sometimes things like this happen for whatever reason.