I didn’t appear in the Video Options couple days ago on my Xbox Series X

1 Like

Yes they did, here are the deets!

10 Likes

I knew it …

1 Like

Imagine being next gen smh…couldn’t relate

5 Likes

For Xbox players, I see this as a nice little surprise.
The Xbox Series X seems like a great system.

5 Likes

It is man !!..

2 Likes

Oh wow, this is a pleasant surprise!

I don’t have a Series X yet since missing the very first pre-order, but this will make watch for restocks now. Really wasn’t expecting this anytime soon.

2 Likes

Me neither! What a great surprise. Patch is amazing. Overwatch has never looked/played better on my X. So happy!!!

5 Likes

You noticed some differences ?

Oh for sure. The frame rate is definitely up, and everything looks so crisp/sharp.

I played a few games on option 2. 1140p, max graphics, targets 60fps and was amazed. It was like the difference between playing with 200ms ping and a 10ms ping. The game is so responsive and looks so fluid, almost soap opera effect like. Which is weird cause I thought it ran better already on X before the patch. Play a few games and you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

Hey Wyoming, the patch notes mentioned we could toggle “Damage FX” under the advanced video settings. But on the series X I don’t even see a advanced tab to begin with. Is this a bug or a patch note error?

1 Like

I didn’t see those options either.

1 Like

I use 4K 60fps , I did noticed it right away , i was asking you if you did notice ,

You mean this?

I believe that will be for the PC platform only, but let me see if can get confirmation on that.

2 Likes

Ya I did. I haven’t tried 120Hz yet (it would require me to move a cable hehe). My receiver is unfortunately HDMI 2.0 and I don’t want to replace it yet.

2 Likes

What about similar upgrades (Xbox Series X/S got) for the PS5 can you check on that too?

3 Likes

I think that is a matter of the backwards combability firmware that each platform provides, which is why Xbox got these features and PlayStation didn’t. I am not a console player myself so I will have to look into how backwards compatibility works first.

Update, yeah I confirmed this is a platform issue outside of game developers control… details in this article:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s…
looks at vanilla Xbox One
So cool…

3 Likes

Okay I did confirm the general update about the Damage FX options was only intended for the PC platform only.

3 Likes

Did any of this introduce changes to the PS4 Pro? Upon playing the game after the patch it seems smoother and like it’s a 100% stable FPS.

It’s possible that it’s just due to taking a few hours break today, but I swear something is different when compared to earlier and days before.

3 Likes