Did Blizzard address the Match Maker

In the Reddit AMA thread last month ?

what?

20 characters

1 Like

No, it’s perfect in their eyes. A beautiful baby spawned from Mercer’s rear end.

8 Likes

Doubtful. They want the details of the matchmaker to be as vague as possible, aside from the fact that it does whatever it can (“tries its best”) to form teams that each have a 50% chance to win.

There are some nights where it feels like the matchmaker is purposely trying to drag me and my buddy down. We do well one night only to see the experience to be garbage the next night.

1 Like

When really it should just throw you in with people of your SR and lose the trying to put loss streaks with win streaks bs. Don’t make me carry all the time.

2 Likes

A question could’ve have been asked about results(ie. elo pop. proportion) from the max placement of 3900 update last season in a way that could’ve illuminated some aspects of the matchmaker.

But I don’t think that was addressed.

There’s a subtle art to underperforming

1 Like

What exactly are you implying? :thinking:

1 Like

Nope, it’s even more of a joke since they are cashing in on all the smurfs making new accounts.

“What match maker?” -Blizzard

1 Like

The matchmaker on PS4 is remarkable for competitive but especially qp 2-2-2 lock. If I have a gaming night it goes like this:

It starts out as a box of chocolates. Literally I can have noob accounts to smurfs from top 500 (pretty sure from the way people alter their gamer tag). It can match great but if can match like complete horse :poop:.

Then really late night it’s like the pros come out to play from gm and masters. On their original accounts. It’s diamond plat portraits vs diamond plat portraits. I piss my pants a little, but it’s always my favorite of the night because it feels like old overwatch with teamwork. I’m always too scared to group with anyone and always refuse. I keep my profile private and if they found out I was a plat brat I’m sure I would be looked down on. It’s pretty much the same people who play each other. The community is so small that late that I’m sure if half of us stopped playing the game couldn’t match anymore unless people chose all roles.

The morning comes and it’s mostly very new people to the game with a since of innocence to them. Usually I switch to tank around this time but no longer do since I quit tank. Generally now I stop here.

I’ve seen plenty of masters derp around for full matches OVER AND OVER like they didn’t belong anywhere near that skill rating.

SR means much less than you’d think.

Yes. Scroll down to Bill Warnnecke’s replies.

But, was there another AMA last month? This is from July.

1 Like