Did ANYONE archive Overwatch's BATTLENET Forum?

You really aren’t. Any time someone disagrees you become condescending, patronising and talk down to people (as you’ve just done there).

You’ve never presented evidence, as you can’t find it. You have however given a lot of your opinion. Which we’ve all skimmed over.

Have you ever thought that this is just a video game, and maybe spending 4 years trying to prove a falsehood isn’t the best use of your time?

3 Likes

I haven’t condescended, patronized, or “talked down” to anybody, but you’ve done a lot of this yourself. You need to examine your own behavior.

5 Likes

I quit OW when my wife got sick 4 years ago and came back because I remembered something I wrote and was curious exactly how I phrased it (couldn’t find it, btw).

Imagine my surprise to see that nothing has changed. In fact, it’s worse, it seems.

I’m absolutely gobsmacked. I’d love to hear a lawyer talk about this. I’ve tried to get Cuth to clarify (4 YEARS AGO!!!) and he couldn’t describe the problem then, I don’t know how he’d describe it to a lawyer well enough for the lawyer to describe it to a judge.

4 Likes

Yep. He isn’t going to.
He’s bee hunting for these quotes that he claims will prove his point. But they don’t exists (I wonder why).

But he needs to put his money where his mouth is, stop jeopardising his legal claim by tipping people off on a public forum… and take action.

1 Like

I’ve tried. It just isn’t as easy as you think it is.

I’m sorry to hear your wife was sick!

I’m sorry I didn’t address your questions at the time. The original post has been through hundreds of revisions since then. Have you had a chance to read it again? I have also produced a video on the topic which covers the same material. Please let me know what your question was, if it is addressed now, and if you have anything else to ask or comment. Hope you’re well.

3 Likes

No. And I’m not going to. Your flaw isn’t that you’re wrong about how it works. You’re wrong that it’s bad.

That’s why I like the analogy about surgery. Describing why we’re knocking people out and cutting them open is never going to change your mind that doing so is harmful.

I don’t get you, really. One one hand, you’re obviously not a moron. On the other, this one thing just requires a small change to your paradigm and you’d have saved yourself 5 years of obsessive heartbreak.

Honestly, between the two of us, me with a dead wife and you with this weird obsession, I don’t envy you one bit.

I feel sorry for you man. I really do.

3 Likes

sorry…why won’t it?

they work for free.

that’s not how the shilling works.

maybe they were incriminating and exposed them to more prosecution.

don’t worry the lawsuits go public just in time for ow2 sales and should bog down the acquisition.

The only thing you should care about is whether they did a good job explaining how the rigging works to you. The patents explain what the devs didn’t. Thanks to threads like these, some of the community is now illuminated.

Sadly there are still some fanbois living in total denial without any evidence or grounds for it. They just don’t want their world to shatter when the game is exposed as a sham and we have the last laugh “i told you so”.

Will you be gobsmacked when the rigging is called out in a lawsuit that seeks to expose and condemn the practices, seeking damages/etc. ?

Why would anyone be surprised with this company’s legal record for dishonesty and predatory culture.

2 Likes

no judge will waste tax payer dollars on this bs, also blizz can afford to drag this out for years IF they wanted, you cant. its simple math. do it.

3 Likes

the microsoft acquisition has some clauses like no outstanding lawsuits.
they also don’t like the look of open lawsuits so no, they can’t afford to drag it out for years. it will be ongoing bad press coverage. more likely they settle.

just how new are you to business and corporate law?
nice try talking out of your pay grade again

2 Likes

I mean, that’s not even the claim being made by Cuthbert, so yes. Unless you plan to file a separate lawsuit that alleges that matches are being fixed rather than Cuthberts complaint that matches are balanced, er, excuse me, “handicapped”.

4 Likes

I remember that post, its real

4 Likes

If someone does have an archive of it people will just say, “this could have been edited.” I understand your point of wanting to have solid facts, but we have google searches of multiple people quoting him and that’s the best we have and is good enough IMO

3 Likes

Do we have multiple people quoting him? As far as I know I’m the only one to do so. Does anyone even know the title of the thread the passage is from? I am still hoping we can get a full Batttlenet forum archive somehow.

2 Likes

Another one of these posts. Really? What is wrong with you.

Who let cuthbert out of his cage? Get back in there.

I mean seriously,

3 Likes

#NoBalls

I can’t believe this nonsense still goes on.

3 Likes

Mans needs some of your Ozone!! Touch some grass, get out of the house, do something other than complain about a video game you got dumpstered in.

3 Likes

forgive me for not trusting your headcanon

im keeping my cards on the table for the key :key:

3 Likes

I agree that I’m not in an enviable position, but frankly none of us are. We are slaves to Activision/Blizzard.

I’m sorry you lost your wife.

2 Likes

you are using the word ‘slaves’ wrong…

4 Likes

Let’s examine the dictionary definition of “slave:”

• a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another and forced to provide unpaid labor.
  • a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person.

According to that definition, my use of the word is hyperbolic but it isn’t wrong. Overwatch players do provide a kind of unpaid labor by populating and competing in Activision/Blizzard’s online games. They influence us by purporting to rank us based on our skill, while dominating us by algorithmically handicapping our matches in secret.

Is it as bad as chattel slavery, which I assume you are referring to? No, but there are many forms and degrees of slavery. I stand by my assertion that Overwatch players are slaves.

2 Likes