Diamond, went 4-4, lost 28 sr... (?)

Hello!
I just wondered if someone could tell me what the deal is now with sr.
A while back there was a change that said once over Diamond all losses and wins would remove/give the same amount of SR… so when I go 4-4 and am down 28sr, I’m assuming this isn’t the case anymore u.u
So it’s down to performance, right? For that session, ‘Oversumo’ said I played at 62% overall (50% being average for your rank) - in a sesson of 1h28min, 57 minutes of that I was at 88% playing Zen and Rein. So I play better than average, win the same amount as I lose but go down in SR.
I’ve been in Diamond for like 8 seasons, the majority of those seasons having a positive record but always losing more sr than I gain. the game is saying I shouldn’t be at that rank… for 8 seasons?

1 Like

No, that’s not what that meant.

Once you hit Diamond, the amount of SR you earn is no longer based on your performance. What that actually means is, if your team wins, everyone who wins on your team gets the same amount of SR.

Previously it was based on performance, where if you were the DPS getting 3 golds (or the support getting 16k healing) you would get more SR than everyone else on your team.

Also, how much you lose is completely separate from how much you win.

OH ok - Thanks for the reply! : )
With regards then to losing more sr than you win, this is just normal and you need a much higher win percentage to climb? Like everyone will always lose sr if they win the same amount as they lose?

The only thing that’s guaranteed in terms of losing SR is; if you queue with people who are far below you, you lose more SR on a loss.

Oh, and that disconnects automatically cause you to lose 50 SR. I’ve heard some people say that 50 SR gets refunded if you reconnect before the match ends, but I haven’t had that happen in my experience.

Beyond that I honestly don’t know. It certainly seems to me that you lose more SR than you win, but I can’t confirm that.

Oh… well I guess that’s the answer I was looking for X’D I was playing with my friends in a 6 stack - 3 high Plats and 2 Golds… so that’s my fault then… need new friends I guess X’DD
Thanks for the replies! : )

Oof, yeah. That’ll do it.

If you queue with other Diamonds, you shouldn’t lose that much. You should break even, plus or minus 1-3 SR.

the % chance the matchmaker calculates is what determines your SR gains and losses

for example if it was exactly 50% each game you would have ended right where you started

but if you chance to win was 60% in each game you’d have to win 6 out of 10 games to get even

for 40% it’s 4 out of 10 and so on

the win chance is calculated by the SR differences of both teams and probably some voodoo involving MMR

The game tries to pair 2 teams that have an equal chance (50/50) of winning.
If this is impossible, it adjusts SR gain/loss appropriately. So, if the team that has the lower win chance wins, the gain more and the enemy team will lose more.