DF Dying? Countered Too Hard? Zero Surivivablity?

Look at Overbuff this month: ^https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

DF has the same amout elimations as the Support Heroes… That pretty bad.

I still look at his animated short how he could handle winston/tracer and genji at his own. i still think this is fan made if i look his situation ingame tbh

1 Like

Doomfist needs some buffs on his passive and some bug fixes in my opinion.

Doomfist shouldn’t be too common since he has a 1 shot combo kill ability. right now he is really hard to play but it pays off. for example check chipsa and brandito.

You shouldn’t one trick doomfist btw. no one does that. he is niche.

2 Likes

I think his biggest issues are his survivability and his lack luster ult keeping him from being a better dps and pick. Doom fist in his current state is too much of a boom or extreme bust due to his large hit box. I think they could solve both with a big change to his ult where it is a repositioning ult. They would remove all damage from the ult but also lower the charge on it considerably to where he can get it almost every fight with maybe 400 to 800 damage. His ult is currently used more defense and for him self so why not remove the terrible damage that never applies into a real get away ult. The ult would also reset all his cool downs and give him 100 shields. This would allow him to be riskier in his assault with the best escape method. With the 100 shield it gives it could be use as a flanking effective ult where you ult behind them and pounce on them below. It also would need to remove the giant red circle or spot light to be effective.

2 Likes

Want him to be just a Tank like Old Roadhog used to be. (Flanker Tank)

I think that naking him stronger the less HP he has would be a good passive.

I’m still playing him, but he is still annoyingly riddled with bugs.

Ex 1: non registering slams. Really annoying, relatively frequent.

Ex 2: enemies using abilities while stunned to avoid wall damage (tracer, Moira, reaper, mei,etc). This one is also pretty frequent.

Ex 3: wall slides (no i don’t mean “bad angle” slides, I mean perfectly straight slides). They happen a lot less now, but they still occasionally happen.

Also, sometimes when they “fix” something, it feels worse than before. Now that they “fixed” his ult, I’m getting caught and stuck in places I never did before.

Honestly his passive doesn’t really help him much,

Doomfist is actually doing a bit better, hes good against some of the brigette comps popping up

But then you would have DF that go for broke and get killed in the middle of a punch or dive.

1 Like

DF is fine. He just requires game-sense, strategy and teamwork. You should know when and how to engage, find key target and beat the crap out of it.
He have potential of insta-killing 200-250 hp heroes, great mobility and severe CC. He is just REALLY hard to play and situational.

The Doomfist Community Patch thread has some good ideas that can help Doomfist

That doesn’t sound fine.

As doomfist main i have to say - he need minor buffs. Major will make him OP.
His passive should get buffed or reworked. It’s really rare when you can feel the bonus shields.

Ultimate should also be kinda stronger. For example - decay should be not 300 to 0 damage, but 300 to 50 or 300 to 75. And it also could be good if it could rewind the abilities so you could land and have your kit ready.

And maybe - his uppercut and seismic slam should get their cooldown reduced by 1 second.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with this.

This season is so bad for doomfist im considering quiting. Yes doomfist has always been kinda brutal to play but this season is like smashing my face into a wall. Bridgitte and new hanzo completely kill DF. As if he didnt have enough counters. The worst thing is jeff didnt mention him at all yesterday, so discouraging.

1 Like

Didn’t they say they would fix his bugs and then major rework him last September?

Always treat him in par with phara. Easy to take out if focused by certain heroes but with a little help and use of the environment his output is massive. Unlike tracer his combos don’t miss a kill much so it is fair for him to be a risk reward hero when he is able to get shields. Wouldn’t mind a passive to escape though something like
‘Wall kick’
Doomfist kicks the wall before him pushing him away from it at the same distance as a charged rocket punch.

Dunno why he never uses his feet I mean zen is a better kicker he barely walks.

Can you provide a link to this. Ive never heard about it

DF has issues. His RP goes straight on stairs that are going down even when you are not in the air. They should remedy this. Like with Hanzo’s lunge, you can’t use it if you are not in the air. Same logic should apply that DF’s RP, it should follow the terrain if he is not in the air and will go straight if he is.

Tank like hitbox is bad. Maybe I can understand this but getting one shot by Roadhog because of huge hitbox isn’t fun.

Ult is just awful. Too slow and not wide enough to be an offensive threat that we use it more to freaking run away rather than engaging in most scenarios.

Even now when deathball is back where he should be viable. Junkrat comes out as a better option than DF because of spam damage, range, survivability (because of the 2 mines) and a more reliable Ult.