Devs, what are your plans to balance Sym?

That doesn’t bring utility tho. That just makes a squishy character have an even harder time to get to higher damage. Bringing utility would be something like, using her primary slowly gives temporary shields to herself and teammates in a certain radius.

Many would disagree but I think the tick rate is fine. I just wish her beam would ignore armor and treat it the same as normal health.

Simple plan to fix Symmetria.

1.) Move Teleporter to an F bound key and re-add her old Barrier.
2.)Either Revert the beam or give it a Moira like animtion.
3.)Reduce turrets to 8 seconds.

That’s literally a tick rate problem.

No, I know that. I said this because since her focus is less on damage than utility (TP, turrets and her ult), I thought about changing her damage in a way that would make it good, but not too good. That’s the reason why I wanted to increase the initial damage and the beam width, while adding another charge level.
I’m bad at explaining as well. Sorry.

They have a buff for symmetra in the PTR

No way! Sym mains knew nothing about this. Where did you find this information? :roll_eyes:

I was just letting you know. Jerk

20% increase…it’s like getting a 20% increase in pay when you make $5 an hour. The buff, in context, is abysmal. The issue is the Tick Rate which wasn’t addressed. Blizzard seems so lost in terms of Symmetra, they keep throwing stuff at the wall, keep making changes to random abilities, I’m really starting to think they have no idea what to do with her…except maybe retire her…which, seems the most likely candidate, along with Torb.

Overwatch isn’t for builders anymore and given NO NEW builders have been released since launch…when every other class has seen numerous new characters, should be clarity enough.

There is no way to buff her tickrate without making her sluggish

This game has been out for over 2 years and the same characters who were unused jokes at launch are arguably worse off today.

Its not negativity when it’s true. Blizzard game design is in the toilet.

Zarya has a tickrate of 5.5. She’s not sluggish.

Yes. But symmetra can build up charge by holding LMB. Zarya doesn’t have that issue

They should make Symmetra be anti-GOATs.

Symmetra

Primary Fire

• Good damage against armor
  • Pierces through barrier shields and enemies, dealing damage to all
  • Charges up faster the more targets it damages

Then add that to her ability to get the team to highground.

Honey, Zarya has her bubbles and outputs more DPS than Sym. Zarya’s decay is also much slower than Symmetra’s.