Devs, what are your plans to balance Sym?

This isnt enough.

Still not enough.

Why are there four levels?

Why tho?

We, as Sym mains, have one shot to influence Blizzard, focus on the thread here:

They’re good threads, Brent

Can you share a link to this interview?

1. Scratch that, double its deployment speed. I’m bad at math. TP would then be usable in two seconds.
  2. I’ve considered an 8-second cooldown for each turret. If 9 seconds is too much still, decrease the cooldown to 8.
  3. It’s a trade-off for the increased initial damage Symm needs. Combined with the +20% charge speed buff, one would reach 180 dps in 4.8 seconds of constant use. If you think this isn’t a good trade, then you could change it to 90/135/180 ; but with the increased charge speed, I wonder if it’s gonna be too much or not.
  4. Lvl 1 beam is puny, making it hard to aim at squishies. In comparison, Zarya’s 0 charge beam is still thicker, for more damage than Symm’s current beam. With a slight increase in width, it won’t be as difficult to use, imo.

You’ll find what you’re looking for here

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!

They are so fragile I dont see why 8 seconds would be a problem.

I think if they just increased the level 1 damage to 60 to 70 it would be fine. She’s a utility DPS not a straight up DPS which is why more buffs to her turrets and Tele would be preferred. Even giving her a passive would be nice…

Since she’s a utility DPS, that’s why I thought adding another charge level to her beam would be a neat idea. Higher and better lows, but highs that are harder to reach. I’d love to see her get a passive as well.

Higher base damage would be real nice. I’m pretty sure when they originally stated what damage she would do at each level it was 70/130/195

I find 180dps plenty atm but more starting damage is what she actually needs. But it only works well if they fix the tickrate.

That doesn’t bring utility tho. That just makes a squishy character have an even harder time to get to higher damage. Bringing utility would be something like, using her primary slowly gives temporary shields to herself and teammates in a certain radius.

Many would disagree but I think the tick rate is fine. I just wish her beam would ignore armor and treat it the same as normal health.

Simple plan to fix Symmetria.

1.) Move Teleporter to an F bound key and re-add her old Barrier.
2.)Either Revert the beam or give it a Moira like animtion.
3.)Reduce turrets to 8 seconds.

That’s literally a tick rate problem.

No, I know that. I said this because since her focus is less on damage than utility (TP, turrets and her ult), I thought about changing her damage in a way that would make it good, but not too good. That’s the reason why I wanted to increase the initial damage and the beam width, while adding another charge level.
I’m bad at explaining as well. Sorry.

They have a buff for symmetra in the PTR

No way! Sym mains knew nothing about this. Where did you find this information? :roll_eyes:

I was just letting you know. Jerk

20% increase…it’s like getting a 20% increase in pay when you make $5 an hour. The buff, in context, is abysmal. The issue is the Tick Rate which wasn’t addressed. Blizzard seems so lost in terms of Symmetra, they keep throwing stuff at the wall, keep making changes to random abilities, I’m really starting to think they have no idea what to do with her…except maybe retire her…which, seems the most likely candidate, along with Torb.

Overwatch isn’t for builders anymore and given NO NEW builders have been released since launch…when every other class has seen numerous new characters, should be clarity enough.

There is no way to buff her tickrate without making her sluggish

This game has been out for over 2 years and the same characters who were unused jokes at launch are arguably worse off today.

Its not negativity when it’s true. Blizzard game design is in the toilet.