Devs: "We're making Brig an actual support"; People who love abusing OP characters: *riot*

oh no my rank from a couple years back coming back to haunt me since I stopped bothering with comp. I’m so bested my poor ego shattered by such an elite platinum player./s

It’s cute that you tried to rank shame me though. Great argument.

2 Likes

But Brig doesn’t just merely survive, she wins the majority of the fights easily.

Key word.

These nerfs just offer counter-play and more options to play against her, while also making her more team oriented. Nerfs are healthy, for everyone involved in the game.

1 Like

Zenyatta’s damage output makes up for the fact that he has almost no mobility, and very little healing healing output. You also have to be very mechanically skilled and have really good game sense to use him well.

Roadhog’s hook is pretty easy to land too…

The slept player is COMPLETELY DISABLED for a full 5.5 seconds—by far the longest disabling ability in the game. Yet nobody complains about it.

Flashbang + fan the hammer = free kill on a squishy. But almost nobody complains about flashbang.

And if that hook lands, it’s a free kill on a squishy.

So all Blizz needs to do is turn shield bash into an ult! Why didn’t anybody think about this before! Make shield bash into Brig’s ult and it will be fine! :roll_eyes:

And guess who else is getting nerfed?

The constructs known as the support, tank, and DPS classes are not the point. The point is that there has been and continues to be a flagrant double standard against Brigitte’s shield bash. A loud group of people have convinced themselves and have now convinced Blizz that this rather mild form of CC is absolutely the worst thing to happen to the game. But the rest of the CC? Pfft, just a little sleep, flashbang, earthshatter, hack here and there. As Sombra says, where’s the fun in playing fair? :weary:

1 Like

Brigitte’s shield bash is seen as a throwaway ability that she can just spam out, because 9/10 she’s sure to hit it. Hook is harder to land than a bash, and is a lot harder to follow up on.

Well, to start with;

As well as;

Leads to her being ineffective at countering things like incoming Winston or at stopping Genji or Tracer with enough damage to actually allow team-mates to pick them apart. The more she was able to do on her own, the more she was a dive hard counter. Reducing her ability to stun incoming dive characters, leads to her no longer being able to deter dive by herself, requiring team-mates to be very on the ball and take out anything she stuns ASAP.

1 Like

Honestly, I think Brigitte was supposed to be a solution to countering dive. One character should not be able to hard-counter a whole comp alone and define the meta herself. These nerfs only make her more team-oriented.

1 Like

People asked for a counter character instead of nerfs to dive characters, which honestly was a good plan. However, making Brig this team-reliant shifts things in the opposite direction. It will now absolutely require team-mates to be there to take down what she stuns, and given the average team-mate plus how spread out some fights can get, I’m not sure that will work. Combine that with how OWL level play focuses on things that are optimal and don’t force additional work on people means that things are going to skew back towards Dive.

2 Likes

So promoting good teamwork is a negative thing?

It would be a massive positive, if players actually did what these changes are supposed to incentivize. And if the goal is to make her team-reliant, then adding to her healing in a way that isn’t effectively non-existent would help loads more than forcing her stun to need team-mates to capitalize on it.

Let me also add that I personally think Ashe would be good against dive if it ever comes into meta. Dunno, though.

That’s something that would need testing, but would be brilliant if it turns out to be true.

It makes sense on paper. We’ll see how it plays out once she’s live in competitive.

Zen can burst down a dps with right click from across the map, if ana lands her sleep she can do her little shoot-nade-punch-shoot combo all in about a second, if lucio lands his shots that does pretty decent damage too. You act like every support has mercy level offensive capabilities.
Yes Brigitte is strong in 1v1s but she is supposed to be. (or was before y’all cried about it)
and she can only instakill tracer and d.va or an already damaged squishy

not to mention all of those stuns, besides mccree’s, can hit at up to 20 meters away (farther for ana), mccree’s can hit multiple people so its max damage potential is 150, it can hit people around corners and can be aimed up or down. He doesnt need to move to do it, while brigitte’s is melee. Hook can instakill someone by pulling them off the edge or hog can just oneshot most of the cast (hey he’s not a dps!! nerf!1!!1!!!) and Ana’s dart last 5 seconds, which more than makes up for the low damage. RP can oneshot anyone that isnt a tank, has the lowest cooldown out of all of these, while it also puts him at melee range the person he hit will mostlikely be dead, and he gets extra health (not to mention has several escape abilites left).

Shield bash isnt even what does most of the damage, and she still needs several hits after her combo (which pushes people out of her attack range) anyways

1 Like

You have the wrong impression of what ‘burst’ means.

How much does it take, though? You have to be mechanically skilled in both of those characters to be effective. Zenyatta also has no mobility, and very little healing output. Brigitte, not so much.

Men det är ju bättre!

1 Like

Brig’s mobility is her SB, and her healing is worse than Zen’s, and lets not forget about discord, easily one of the best abilities in the game when used right.
FB and FtH doesnt take skill, RP doesnt take skill you just need to land it which isnt that hard

Dont act like SB is the only easy ability in the game lol

1 Like