Devs: "We're making Brig an actual support"; People who love abusing OP characters: *riot*

This offers more counter-play between the person she’s 1v1ing, she’s way too oppressive and acts as her own role. They’re making her more team oriented, but I agree, her inspire hp/s should’ve been increased.

This change is huge and should definitely change the play style that a lot of Brigittes have. When a support flanks better than a DPS made for flanking, while countering those same flankers, there’s a huge problem.

5 Likes

Brigitte has the potential to 1v1 a Roadhog with her combos and her armor.

Moira, on the other hand…ehhh… :neutral_face:

A really good Roadhog should take down a Brigitte. He has a good amount of sustain, plus his hook + m1 combo deals a ton of damage.

That is new.
Actually nobody kills anyone in 1 vs 1 between hog and Brig.
But brig deals damage AND self heal AND stun AND has a shield of 500, Hog can’t combo her to kill her, except if she is low HP or use any environmental kill (but she can too!).

So the duel is highly biased towards Brig, which is stupid and why Hog disappeared and why they buffed him.

2 Likes

That’s a really good point actually.

Although I’m not that person, I think they don’t like supports. Everytime a support can keep their team alive or has a good kill potential, Blizzard brings out the nerf bat and beats said support into the ground. We saw it with Ana upon release, we saw it with Mercy’s rework and we see it now.

Everything that prevents the DPS characters from getting kills gets nerfed. Not only in this game, but in Heroes of the Storm, too, where all suppprts once got their health, healing and damage nerfed by 5% across the board without any compensation. And even now they reduce the amount of healing with patches and reworks of the support characters.

And then we’ve received a ton of support buffs during the summer games. Lucio’s sound barrier shield is now 750 instead of 500, and his aura radius was increased. Moira gained her healing pee pee 20% faster, and nanoboost had received a 300hp burst heal. If none of that is love, I don’t know what is.

Ana is now meta after how long of being a throw pick?

2 Likes

Additionally it doesn’t go through shields and can be interrupted mid hammer swing

2 Likes

Exactly… thank you.

I solo que most of the time and honestly, i dont ever expect more than accidental heling from Brigg, Moira or Lucio when they solo que. Lets me be pleasantly surprised when they prove me wrong, if they do

What interests me in that rework is how effective her healing is going to be. Otherwise, don’t play her, don’t care.

1 Like

If it is too weak they will buff it.

You should care, she can be in your team so it can and will affect your gameplay.

Stalling games with too much healing or shields is not good either. The “no dying” meta with always rezzing Mercy was a disaster, the “stun CC ult combo” or “goats” meta we have now is cancer too.

If defense is too strong, then there is no use for grinding dps thus disabling all dps heroes that are not burst oriented or CC oriented (enabling doomfist and widow only for instance).

If you compare to triple tank, beyblade and dive, personally I prefer going back to these metas than the last ones we have now…

But yeah I agree about the nerfing habit on supports too much (especially Ana that was very strong at first and Lucio that got reworked too with his former big healing aura disabling many offensive plays with him).

1 Like

Moira doesnt have 750 effective HP and burst dmg combo. If a moira wastes her dmg orb on you to try for a 1v1 then her self heal is very limited and has room for outplay with SKILL.

*cough* Zenyatta *cough*

Nobody has a problem with him doing it.

2 Likes

Better get ready for Tracer meta with no actual counters folks.

2 Likes

Not gonna keep repeating myself regarding Zen.

I think it’s less a matter of Blizzard actually disliking supports and more that they simply don’t know how to balance them properly.

An overpowered support has a much heavier impact on the meta than an overpowered dps, as well as being much more oppressive not only to other roles, but all the other supports as well. It’s unfair, but sadly, weak support is healthier for the game than the alternative and Blizzard has proven themselves incapable of finding middle ground so far >_>

In all fairness, terrible a job as Blizzard has with support, support has proven itself to be a delicate role to balance in the majority of other games and few have really managed to find the sweet spot.

1 Like

It isn’t.
A CC ability applies CC effects to one or multiple enemies.
A charge is a displacement ability affecting enemies in the way.
Hack, Flashbang or Earthshatter are CC abilities.
Charge, Rocket Punch or Shield Bash are charges.
You think it’s a detail, but it’s very important to understand how abilities work. You can’t balance Shield Bash around CC abilities, you gotta balance it around charge abilties.

I don’t play comp but alot Quickmatch to just enjoy the game. I always had fun with Brigitte, never ahd a problem against her. I never ever had fun with tracer but often a problem against her. So is it fair to hate and bash tracer now as loud as I can until Blizzard will nerf her to the ground? I guess not.
Brigitte was only good in killing Tracer or genji, besides that she was an excellent support that could do much for the team. Tracer doesn’t do much for the team except to annoy the other team. See it from that side.
I’m not a Brigitte main or do play her that much, I just think it is not right to “forbid” a certain ability just because “noobs” can theoreticly kill “pros” with it. Overwatch is not mainly about skill, it’s about Teamplay, tactics, strategies.

Think about that: if players with not good aim choose to play support instead, be happy! They also need some success moments. Take that away and you can be glad if someone tanks or heals your team at all. I know what i’m talking about, in QP, you often don’t have supports at all. (That’s why I usualy wait till last to choose tank or heal because I want to win this game).
Now imagine, in comp play also nobody want to play supports anymore because there is no fun to play these. Good luck then to win with DD only.