Devs: "We're making Brig an actual support"; People who love abusing OP characters: *riot*

I don’t disagree that Brig could stand to sit in a more support oriented role, but the buff to Inspire just won’t cut it. If you’ve already got a main healer, that being Mercy, Ana or Moira, you’d be better off in most cases with Lucio or Zen as your secondary, if not another main. I’m just worried there won’t be a worthwhile spot for her in a team unless she gets another support or utility oriented buff.
Maybe a slightly wider shield?
Maybe the armor pack could have a small aoe?
Maybe holding down the bash could let her rocket around, Rein style?
She’ll need something.

Already reworded my statement on the 1v1 topic.
And about Zen and Moira; Zen has no mobility and low HPS outside of his ult, Moira has to sacrifice healing her teammates to do effective damage.

1 Like

When Brig was meta “Lmao Tracer and Genji’s just mad just counter lmao.” now that she got her nerf “I guess she’s actual FFFFF tier useless dawg, Tracer can now look at the enemy and we dies. gg. Trash game.”

3 Likes

The thing is that brig give armor and is good against Genji and Tracer, armor reduce dmg and keep in check those annoying flanker. also with this nerf Reaper got a little space to be play wich is nice, more heros capable of playing is good , so now you will not see only GOATS comps be play.

2 Likes

The changes haven’t even hit live servers yet. Let’s wait and see before drawing severe conclusions.

God, it feels so good talking trash about Brig now. I for the past few months have tried to not be affected by Brig and her stuns and the meta she brung but she made the game so bad my guy. I can’t handle another hero like her. Genji and Tracer are fine. We still have Moira, McCree, Torb, Sym, Doomfist, Mei, Junkrat, Rein with his swing and so many more heros to easily counter them but no one wanted to play them and thought to counter them.

I guess this just means that she’s more suitable for brawl comps where everyone is stuck closer together.

Quite possibly the worst concept of game design balance for this type of game I have ever read. If this were true, most tanks need their HP reduced by at least half and some dps here’s have their burst potential reducednor removed. And get rid of head shots in the game. And…I could go on.

You completely left outnthrbpart where the dev notes on the changes mention how Brig is a tank-support character. She isn’t “just a support”.

The notes also said they were increasing her support part of her kit.

The problem is the changes only increase her healing by .667 /s.

So while I understand nerfing her Shield Bash and this her combo to 110 damage, they did not in fact increase her over all healing to highlight her support side of her kit.

1 Like

The point where she stops being a support/tank hybrid and becomes her own class is the concerning part. The nerf was necessary, but it’s a little overdone. Lowering the damage to around 15 or 20 would’ve been healthy.

Then I’ll put this question to you:

Is there supposed to be such a thing as a support/tank combo in a single character, or any sort of combo for that matter. If so, what does it look like? If not, then do we run the risk of making the game stale by placing limits on imagination?

1 Like

I’m positive they’ll tweak her more around fulfilling her intended role of a Tank-Support hybrid.

1 Like

That’s a fair point but at a certain level of play you find more and more Gengus and Tracers that know to stay well out of bash range and just farm their ult off of Brig’s and any other support’s backside. And as well, her armor mostly comes from her ult, which is going to farm much more slowly if she’s relegated to the backline.

Imo I think she’ll be fine after this. She’ll be healing more which is a bit of an annoyance but it’ll be a more healthy change for the game. Nerf her any more and I think she’ll be useless and as someone who had fun with old mercy I can say I’d rather not see that happen again to another hero even if I mostly play DPS.

1 Like

This is only on PTR for now. Developers could buff ult charge accordingly. Her ult still charges relatively fast compared to other supports.

Yeah…that never happened before what it’s add it in the PTR, mostly go through live soon after as it is.

1 Like

Not enough people play the PTR for the developers to have enough feedback. Most people play competitive only, so they should start off by seeing what each bit of feedback they receive from competitive players is, and how they can improve.

It’s not as straight-forward as it seems.

I can’t seem to understand how taking away HP from a Tank and DPS from a damage dealer relate to taking away unneeded damage potential from a Support.

1 Like

I mean, if we talk about Zenyatta again, you could see the relation.
And the fact that Brigitte was used more like a dps than anything else also helps that case, imo.
Although I would prefer if Brigitte was toned down in DPS (though not as much as ActiBlizzard’s proposing) and tuned up in healing per second.

They nerfed it to 5 so she cant follow up with 1.5s of flails it takes her 2 more seconds to take out a 200hp hero.

What they haven’t done is what they said they were doing - increasing her support side.
Inspire lasting longer doesn’t really help in constant dps situations as it only amounts to .667 healing per second increase.

They should have increased her team healing of Inspire and kept her self healing the same.

1 Like

Personally I think the damage nerf is way too much, it’s a shield bash not a shield noodle. Nerfing it to half would’ve allowed her to not instakill a tracer but still have a decent ability, plus I would welcome that along with the shield bash through shields. I think blizzard is going overboard with this latest change, we’re just going to end up with a useless hero because people can’t figure out how to stay out of melee range.