Devs: "We're making Brig an actual support"; People who love abusing OP characters: *riot*

Let’s take a look at other stuns/CC abilities in the game and how much damage they do…
Ana’s Sleep Dart - Damage: 5
Let’s not forget to mention that she has to aim it.

McCree’s Flashbang - Damage: 25
Let’s not forget he’s a DPS and doesn’t have a 500HP shield.

Roadhog’s Chain Hook - Damage: 30
Let us not forget he’s a Tank, and then again… he has to aim it.

Reinhardt’s Earthshatter - Damage: 50
This is an ultimate ability, and yeah it’s teamwide, but like I said: it’s an ULT.

Doomfist’s Rocket Punch - Potential Damage: around 200
We’re talking about a melee based DPS that has to charge the ability and then aim it (while moaning loudly the entire time to let you know he’s doing it).

…and there’s more but I think you guys got the memo.

TL;DR: Brig’s Shield Bash nerf is justified because a Support shouldn’t be able to burst down let alone instakill other characters.

Edit:

I reworded my statement in the replies but decided to put it up here since a lot of you seem to not have seen it.

2nd Edit:
About Zen being able to burst down other heroes:

…In addition to the 500HP Shield, the stun and the boop Zen doesn’t have.
So, yeah… The comparisons are 100% unfair and irrelevant. Zen can be the exception; Brig cannot.

And about Ana’s combo? She’s sacrificing all of her cooldowns to perform that combo, WITHOUT healing her teammates.

254 Likes

https://www.out.com/sites/out.com/files/2015/02/23/oscars-gifs-meryl-streep-jlo_0.gif

190 Likes

I’m fine with that if she was an actually decent off-support. Currently having her take the off-support role means the team will be starved for heals.

51 Likes

Weird that people are OK with Moira then :thinking:

It’s almost as if supports CAN kill, it’s just that Brig had too much going for her in too many areas. I think they should have made it harder to kill, not this much harder though. Shield Bash can’t go through barriers now, why does it have to ALSO do literally no damage?

I’d prefer lowering it to like ~30 or something now. Just my opinion though.

33 Likes

Ah the support hate, gotta keep it flowing until there’s no support players at all.

124 Likes

I’m never touching the support category anymore now. Now I’m going to one trick Hammond now and officially give up on switching to anything else now.

Hell, I’ve beaten Brigitte in 1v1 as Hammond but the community goes to your SR rank instantly and SR doesn’t mean anything at all than an number.

26 Likes

Agreed, her shield bash is being HEAVILY nerfed, this isn’t a small nerf by any margin, its arguably the largest nerf any abilty has received short of resurrect getting a cast time. I’m interested in seeing how this all turns out.

16 Likes

yeah… about that… Moira does 50 DPS. My main is Sombra and I 1v1 her all the time, so…

7 Likes

ccolade you.

Thank you for being one of the only astute people. Lmao

1 Like

Good. Now I’ll continue to main Supports and actually heal with them.

11 Likes

Actually she does 33 DPS IIRC. But thats not including her orb. And in my experience she sure as hell can 1v1 a lot of the DPS roster and support roster. Not as reliably as current Brig, but she can. My only point was that saying supports shouldn’t kill is entirely hypocritical when Moira is more than capable of it and fine IMO.

4 Likes

I’m a Support main. Check my hours, it’s public. (on Xbox)

2 Likes

Go luck to you because the angry mob will come for y’all’s pretty Ana calling for nerfs for her nano boost.

7 Likes

The number of people playing support will drop after this goes live. Good luck finding healers for your team.

29 Likes

Yeah but I didn’t say they couldn’t kill, what I meant more specifically is that they shouldn’t outplay other DPS so easily. Have you tried taking down a Brig as Soldier?

The funny thing is that they’re not. Brig just makes them cry harder.

12 Likes

That is splendid. One more tank main for me to heal.

The support category is not Brigitte alone, just a note.

22 Likes

I’ll heal them myself. (Support main here)

6 Likes

I didn’t complain about Brigitte at all but I will continue to play Hammond with a healer or not. It’s the community fault for that.

And I agree. In my original post I did say that I supported lowering the damage of her shield bash. Just I think that she should have at least some potential to kill. Considering that her healing is sub-par at best and her tanking is too with her small weak barrier. I think that removing most of the potential damage she can get reliably is not a good idea.

2 Likes