Devs OW1 matchmaking to help make OW2 matchmaking better

OW devs,

You guys are extremely talented individuals and, collectively, are very powerful with your creative minds. Thank you for all of the hard work, heart, and soul you put into all of this to bring joy to millions around the world. Thank you.

The Overwatch community wants to see Overwatch 2 blow them out of the water. We all want OW2 to be so mind blowing that it becomes that talk of the town and revitalizes Blizzard as a whole. Why? Because, despite all of the smack talking, complaints (I, too, am guilty. We are just human after all), etc., we truly LOVE what you guys have created and continue to create. We want more from your phenomenal talent.

With that being said,

Devs, you guys read these forum posts a lot, I’m sure, and I’m VERY confident you know that this matchmaking, MMR, discussion is a MASSIVE issue/problem. Perhaps, it is SO massive that the mere thought of trying to solve it…is just too daunting to even want to think about.

We are right there with you. You have players from both sides putting in their arguments. Substantial and unsubstantial. Regardless, here is my question.

Why aren’t you guys utilizing Overwatch 1’s competitive play RIGHT NOW before OW2 release to try and find a better solution around the utilization of MMR in match making?

Make a Battle.net wide announcement about it. Overwatch community LOVES this game. That’s why we’re always on these forums trying to help contribute to making it better! We’ll all be for it and not against it. Heck, SO MANY MORE PLAYERS will come back to try out competitive play all over again and then make OW2 release even MORE spectacular. It’ll only do Overwatch 2 MORE GOOD.

Now is the time to gather the data and player feedback during OW1 matchmaking. It should have been done many…many months ago. Especially when you guys announced OW2.

It’s not too late.

Gather the data and player feedback while you still can. That way, you can shut everyone up when it comes to this growing issue. My mouth included.

Overwatch community loves this game. We’re here to help.

You guys handle the back end of matchmaking, coding, etc. while we, the players, handle the front end and give you the data.

TOGETHER, Overwatch Developers and Players… we can make Overwatch’s competitive play the greatest ever. We can do it.

Never give up.

3 Likes

100-percent agree with you my friend yes! Fantastic post.

The overwatch developers can make this game TRULY great!

:smirk_cat: :+1:

3 Likes

Post replay codes…….

2 Likes

I think matchmaking in OW is quite good and doesnt need much tweaking. Most issues is not caused by matchmaking but by terrible system placing new accounts and smaller player base.

1 Like

by the individual player, because we are d!ckweeds.

1 Like

Ok. lookout for next post and thread. I’ll give full transparent W/L, time, score, and codes.

Like CLOCKWORK. As soon as i hit 1499 on that massive losing streak, my backtesting was suggesting that the losing streak capitulated. And then, check this out.

Out of 18 games total played: 3 Losses, 1 tie, 14+ wins. Here it is in order (unfortunately, i can only get replay codes starting from Temple of Anubis):

W, 2-0, Ilios
W, 1-0, Watchpoint: Gibraltar
W, 2-0, Hanamura
L, 0-1, Rialto
W, 2-1, Busan
W, 3-1, Eichenwalde
Tie, Nepal (match got cancelled)
W, 3-2, Kings Row

W, 2-1, Temple of Anubis - KB5FDR
W, 1-0, Eichenwalde - 6JBYB1
W, 3-1, Junkertown - 86XX38
W, 2-0, Lijiang Tower - 6WXWJ1
W, 2-1, Blizzard World -1W6431
L, 1-2, Nepal - Q11FVQ
L, 1-2, Hollywood - CQE3DT
W, 2-1, Hanamura - CFC7VQ
W, 2-0, Nepal - MTSE1C
W. 1-0, Dorado -03DZ9M

I never throw my matches. I always play to win. I always try my best because I’m not kidding when I say I’m only going to OTP Hanzo until I get to masters.

I am man of my word and

I never give up.

2 Likes

I can’t even play open queue right now. In a recent game, I had 16k healing (Moira) in a little under 11 mins. We got STOMPED. I lose every game despite playing fairly well. The players I’m getting matched with, in low plat/high gold, clearly have no idea how to play. Not even sniffing the first tick of the first objective. Truly a frustrating experience. It’s so bad I can’t tell if they’re trolling or throwing or just way outmatched. It’s game after game. Currently 3-7 in my last 10.

No surprise if the only “value” you are getting is healbotting

I KNOW you got this homie!! <3

Also about the promised VOD Review, if you can create a Discord Account, then we can look to do the Review someday soon!

And dont worry, you only need to have discord open when we do the review as I will have the game loaded up on my PC and stream it to you directly in discord while we go through it

2 Likes

Almost half the games are blowouts…

I got discord! But I can’t simultaneously run it while playing OW b/c it lags up my frames a lot.

2 Likes

Just play some games, then go through the replay codes with Abdullah. At least then you can stop and discuss things if needed.

2 Likes

Bless your heart, you think that (a) anyone in development reads these forums; (b) blizzard has the desire to create actually fair matches; and (c) they have the ability to do so.

None of these things is true, and none of them ever will be. Blizzard has been using the same, utterly broken, single-player based matching system since the company was founded.

Every one of their games makes the exact same mistake of using individual scoring to matchmake for TEAM games. Their fundamental premise is completely wrong, but they are too arrogant to realize it or care to fix it.

OW2 will be no different.

2 Likes

Ethernyet.
Are you bitter that someone figured things out and has begun to slowly climb?

Maybe you should do some self reflection. Or, maybe just stop throwing games.

1 Like

You need to disable “Hardware Acceleration” in the Discord settings, it helps a lot with that.

Also this is my discord add me here and we can find a day and time to go through some of your VODs together: Abdullahx9000#4294

1 Like

Just added!

VODs (in case I forget) b/c i’ll still be grinding. Not sure if these will be around:

1. DYP3XG – Numbani – 3 - 5 – Loss. I think the Sigma and Reaper were both a smurf, which is why I like this VOD the most. Contrary to most Players, I LOVE playing against smurfs. It’s like a cherry on top for an even harder challenge. This game…I really did try hard. I missed a lot of good opportunities, which makes me feel like it’s more psychologically internal than it is mechanical.

2. Y7M8Q1 – King’s Row – 1 - 2 – Loss. I must be having trouble with this map in general. I realize this map is really team dependent and heavy. I really want to learn how to carry my team, but first, I need to fix my own game and approach. For some reason, King’s Row is a tough map for me.

Not trying to take up all of your time. Thanks for even considering doing this…I really appreciate it.

I’m sure it probably has to do with my aim…I also realize my positioning is off because when my positioning is good, my aim accuracy increases. It could be psychological or something lacking in my mental awareness in-game. Not sure what it is.

Again, thanks bro :slight_smile:

Been trying hard to climb out of silver. Went from 1652sr - 1927sr this season in Role Queue. Current SR: 1859sr.

1 Like

We can hopefully take a look at both when we review. I accepted your discord request, we can talk there anytime and in more details.

You have my full respect homie and I would love to help you on your journey to become better and climb higher, I believe in you! :smiling_face_with_tear: <3

I believe your mechanics are fine, it can ALWAYS be improved, but its something you can work on on the side, not put all your focus on it.

And for sure! Better position does indeed give you better opportunity and LOS on the enemy, that has big impact on your accuracy.

Gotchu homie! =]

That is VERY solid!! Almost gold homie! :muscle:

1 Like

BACK IN GOLDDDD WOOOOOOT WOOOTTT~

exactly 2000sr LMAO :rofl:

1 Like

SHEEEEEESHHH, next is plat!! :heart_eyes:

To do OW2 matchmaking better, make team comp 1-3-1 instead of 1-2-2. %90 of the players are damage dealer mains and devs think there will be same amount of healer and damage dealer players and makes 1-2-2. HUGE FAIL people gonna leave the game just because of not able to play enough damage dealers.