Devs opinion on Reaper? (Reaper's state in Masters+/pro play)

Why play Reaper, when you can play Hanzo?

3 Likes

One more thing, every new hero that’s been added is bringing some kind of knockback. Hammond, Brigitte, Doomfist, which further hurts Reaper’s close range brawling

I’m bronze, buff away.

1 Like

That was rough to watch

Dont nerf hanzo, buff reaper

Why not both?
Stuff grey is thinking about

I personally don’t think there’s much wrong with Hanzo. He’s in a good spot right now. Nerfing Hanzo only fixes one of Reaper’s many flaws, but buffing Reaper can fix many of Reaper’s flaws

1 Like

Because Hanzo isn’t OP, it just still looks that way because besides widowmaker, his DIRECT competition is garbage. A bunch of dps need buffs, bug fixes, or reworks.

Wise words

20 chars.

2 Likes

Maybe they are garbage because Hanzo does their job better?

Honestly I think Shadowstep needs to be replaced, or Reaper needs some kind of third ability like a right click

Sombra has the same problem, but the other way around. She is just garbage in low tiers and a very good pick in pro play (cough Contenders). If they buff her for low tiers, she becomes broken in pro play. Some heroes are never gonna be balanced and we have to deal with it

Well in my linked discussion thread, the idea would be to make Shadow Step invulnerable to damage and CC while disappearing, but he’d still be just as vulnerable while appearing.

Making it a useful retreat ability.

1 Like

No, Reaper’s garbage because of a loooong list of reasons from before Neo Hanzo. Soldier 76 dived into meme tier when the added armor and barriers crushed him. McCree is still being built back up. Junkrat has a terrible grenade bug that makes him non-competitive at most ranks. None of this has anything to do with Hanzo.

Reaper does seem to be pretty weak, they definitely need to look at him.

I think it’s time to give Reaper an alternate fire. Brig can make it impossible for him to engage at close range, so some longer range attack would make him less easily countered.

reduce spread, rework shadow step (garbo mobility, never used in midst of fight), some form of armor penetration because killing brig is 99.9% impossible

1 Like

I think Reaper needs more survivability on top of reliable damage. His ult can be displaced or CC, his shotguns are RNG, and for him to survive he has to land shots with his RNG shotguns to heal

1 Like

I think the biggest problem with Reaper is that Brig is a better Reaper than Reaper, plus all of the other stuff she does.

1 Like

Brigittes kit is just a big counter to Reaper, knockback, armor, even more armor, a stun. Knockback means Reaper has to close a gap, armor means I have to shoot more with my RNG shotguns, stun means I have to worry about getting hit in the frontline or losing my ult. I can time my ult well, but this is a teamgame. If Brigitte has stun, there’s the chance of barriers, boops, sniper shots, and everything else that utterly craps on me