Devs need to have transparency

there has been a massive issue with OW since thursday , where thousands of people are being kicked when trying to join anything in game and it gives an error; I have yet to see the dev team openly talk about this issue and how and when it will be fixed. I am tired of lack of transparency and dark patches while we wait for days with no feeback… I mean treat us like your customer(not talking about DM’s)

There was issues with the European region having connection issues over the weekend that you may be thinking about. Otherwise, its been relatively calm with incidents being isolated from each other.

i can read the forums like anyone else and NA has been having issues with connection fails and the game when clicking anything to join saying error and crashing. nice lies really nice especially considering the main post about this had about 2k likes and I posted myself about this issue.im sorry almost 3k likes now, there is a huge problem on your servers with people getting erros and crashing and the original post is here Error Applying Update - Unknown Error - #126 by Total-1106

WyomingMyst and myself are fellow players like you that volunteer on the forum. Neither of us is paid by Blizzard.

If you have feedback about how the staff communicates with players, then you should express that in the General forum or privately in a ticket.

Heya folks, the technical forums are meant for troubleshooting technical issues. If you don’t want to attempt troubleshooting on the forums, you can also reach out to support through the appropriate channels. That said, let’s avoid breaking the Code of Conduct.

Due to the nature of the recent posts and thread, I’ll be locking the thread. Thank you for your understanding.