[OLD THREAD] Do something! the game is dying

Owl season 2 hasn’t even started and a lot of the pros are already saying how much they dislike the game.

Overwatch has serious fundamental problems, and the playerbase is without a doubt diminished.

Maybe dont understaff your billion dollar IP. They rested on their laurels with the initial hype of the game and it’s catching up to them.

Slow as hell balance patches, serious lack of post launch content and terrible balance changes are not a recipe for long term success.

42 Likes

You’re right… seagull made that video because he needed a click bait YouTube video.

5 Likes

Is this the secret project? Do we get to see what it is?

1 Like

I have a feeling it will be one of the many secret projects they are working on.

1 Like

they are pros - such people always have (and should have) an idea or two on how to improve things

yea, there are problems… but we dont even know how big resources dev team have to deal with them

i also threw my own opinion in there,

and while i agree with what your saying, but, the thing is

there are a lot of OW youtubers and

• a lot are quitting
  • a lot make complaint videos
  • A lot just say their burn out

And same for the community

• people quit
  • people are angry
  • Everyone is taking breaks
  • burnout

i feel like all this stars are alligning together to put out one very clear message

in fact, even the devs acknoledged that their suprised about the amount of people taking a break from the game

11 Likes

Ok when pros are saying they hate the game and it’s not fun that goes beyond a few problems.

When pros are suggesting hero bans it highlights major issues with the games design and it’s balance issues.

5 Likes

not all of them want hero ban… besides, if you would ‘pracitce’ 10h a day to play a tuff season you would get frustrated and burned out too

not all ideas will in fact fix the game… it might be in fact opposite

1 Like

Obviously not enough. Or the focus is in the wrong things. I still say owl was a huge mistake for the game.

5 Likes

The aus / NZ servers are dieing, and it is starting to get hard to get games, so… At least some of the places have issues.

I think the other servers have also lost a lot of players, it’s just we have passed the threshold that is has become a problem for us.

We could lose our servers if it keeps up. I think they should mercy OCE and SEA so we get enough players on the servers again.

But it’s a sign that the game has lost a lot of players.

3 Likes

Ok, but it’s much worse when you play 10 hours a day of the same exact composition over and over and over and over.

No not all do, but many pros want to try hero bans, and honestly how do they hurt the game?

The only people who have ruined this game are blizzard. Their balance changes have been awful, they haven’t utilized ptr to its potential and they have introduced way too much healing and sustain into the game.

When an entire class of hero is basically irrelevant at the top level of play then the game is terribly balanced period.

Do people honestly believe that OWL will be relevant in even 3 years?

They have made far too many missteps with the game, and it’s already rumored to be going f2p at some point in 2019.

3 Likes

I expect f2p in the next year. Or merging of servers if they don’t.

2 Likes

i would say that it was good idea, because it secured a lot of financing for acti-blizz and by doing that for game it self
with litte dev effort and more organising skills of acti-blizz employees

(different people and teams are coding/creating game and different people are esport related

i agree

well, you got 30 heroes almost and only 6 spots in team… there always be meta, trash tier heroes and balancing issues, because those heroes are different and he different skills/abilities - thats the nature of such game and it should NOT come as suprise

You mean the same guy that over the last 5 years has made predictions and not one of them being true? Yeah what a reliable source. Overwatch will not be free to play. But then again who wouldn’t trust the guy who also predicted and rumored Red Dead would be a failure, WII would bankrupt nintendo, PS3/360 would be last generation of consoles, and the list goes on. Activation/Blizzard will not make COD or OW f2p. Its their top profiting games.

How do you know this? Have I missed something? :astonished:

dev comment, somewhere, saw it too

lets hope it isnt a dissapointment

Well, he doesn’t have a paying job anymore, so yeah. He’s back to clickbait YouTube to promote his streaming.

I don’t really understand the fascination with everything Seagull has to say.
He’s pretty good, I guess. But I don’t find his analysis illuminating.
He couldn’t hack it in the OWL based on his performance alone, nevermind his comments about burnout.

1 Like

For your information:

6 Likes

Liked and bumped

Devs need to stop rolling around in their money and get to work, we havent had anything to keep us playing added in months. WoW has daily missions to get better gear we need something similar in OW

2 Likes