Devs, can we please get an update on the lore progression. A baby gestated since the last short

It was 9 months since the last short. Unless a short gets born soon, I’m getting really worried.

3 Likes

Price.
They are giving away everything for free.
The game is old.
They don’t make money on the shorts.
Lootboxes are getting banned.
Etc.
Doesn’t seem likely they will make more shorts.

Nothing you said was true.

If you don’t think so, you could try to make one yourself.

1 Like

1St, Views.
2nd, Publicity and attraction.
3Rd, Satisfied customers thus more intrest and care for the game thus bigger chances for the league getting a lot of money, and bigger chances for box sales if you ACTUALLY know and care about the characters you buy stuff for.

They have PROMISED a rich and fullfilling story and we aren’t getting it.
And even then they should have made comics, articles…
HECK ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING ABOUT LORE! THEY COULD MAKE A VHS VIDEO OF MICHEAL CHUU EXPLAINING POINTLESS STUFF!!! ANYTHING!

We already have quite a bit of story.
In reality, they might even make overwatch 2 with a campaign.

How many ads have you seen on blizzards videos? they get nothing from views

They just hired a dedicated lore writer for the team.

1 Like

I don’t really care about the lore, and I will rather have all of the funding from the lore writers to go towards making the game better

That was for retibution for voice lines and such, unless they did something more recent since then.

Either way the lore is bad even in the comics. Sombra’s amazing backstory was killed in a single comic by a 14 year old girl who shouldnt have been in it in the first place.

No. That is not really an opinion. That is just blatantly false. There was some Polygon/Kotaku (not sure which, they are interchangeable to me) article about how Fortnite had more lore progression. A side mode to a game with no story… Has more story.

You never know, they might. I wonder what their first person shooter is. Hopefully they reveal it at Blizzcon. But it would be a bit of a slap in the face if it was Overwatch 2.

From two days ago:

“Award winning speculative fiction writer Alyssa Wong hired as new writer on Overwatch!”
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/93hg8g/award_winning_speculative_fiction_writer_alyssa/

2 Likes

Didn’t they just have a tournament with a million dollar prize? How come everything the game does like releasing a hero or dev. update it always ends up trending on Twitter and Youtube? How come Overwatch is one of the most popular games on Twitch? Rainbow Six Seige is older and is constantly updated. Don’t make up excuses for Blizzard. They have resources, the team, and financial motive to keep their game going.

If they even just told us what to expect next, or when we could expect that then I would accept that.