Developers finally just confirmed PTR is coming to live very soon

Welp, the wait is over now. It has to be this week, which means we might also get a new map either this week or next week.

8 Likes

oh well, rip sym. may just play zarya afterwards, shes much better.
the “nerfs” are even a buff to her even, unlike symmetra who only got hard nerfs overall

1 Like

Zarya has always been a better Sym than Sym.

She has almost the exact same weapons profile, twice the health, actual defensive abilities that do things, a charge-up mechanic that’s actually safer to use than Sym’s, and a longer M1 range.

“3m isn’t much more range!”

12m to 15m is literally a 25% increase/20% decrease. It’s substantial.

7 Likes

FINALLY

The Sym and Zarya nerfs were much needed :pray: Their beams were absolutely atrociously broken to play against and I am glad they are getting fixed.

That being said, Sym needs buffs to the rest of her kit, namely TP, I think.

We also need some major rebalancing on PTR as soon as possible to break this double shield meta. We should nerf shields and buff up armor again now that GOATS is gone (armor was nerfed so many times during GOATS.

I’d also like to see a Mercy and Lucio buff, a Doomfist nerf, and a very minor (I mean MINOR) Sombra buff to her damage or something but NOT hack. Perhaps an Orisa shield CD nerf, and maybe some sort of D.va buff?

15 Likes

yeah
let alone that turrets are borderline useless if the enemy has actual functioning eyes and now low energy is even easier to aim with zarya
hell, the beam does more damage on low energy level unlike those piss poor no range 60dps that need a feeder to ramp up first

We’ve asked for that. They won’t do it because the devs are afraid more TP will break the game.

She needs a better M1 than Zarya has. I mean, she’s a freaking dps hero for crying out loud, and a tank has a better M1 with the exact same mechanics.

It’s stupid, however Zarya is fine.

Buff Sym’s M1 QoL higher than Zarya’s without touching her on-paper DPS.

Zarya has a 15m range, so buff Sym’s M1 to 18m.
Zarya starts at 95 dps, so start Sym at 120 (she’ll still be 60 dps short of the rest of the hitscan until she charges up her lazers. I mean, Soldier:76 can burst you for 240 at 30m in 2/3rds of a second from nothing).

Sym is a DPS who doesn’t have any DPS because bad players in bronze and silver, along with gold players who feel they should be in diamond or masters that complain about turrets that can be shot out of the air and don’t move once they plant themselves and only have 30 health.

It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

lol no…a 12 to 18m range buff would make Sym literally busted.

1 Like

The alternative is to leave her at 12m and nerf Zarya’s M1 to 9m.

So how about we just stop comparing the primaries of 2 heroes while literally ignoring everything else in their kits to try and make a stupid argument.

2 Likes

only reason im excited for this patch is because they’re bringing back Mercy’s “onwards to victory!” voiceline. I’ve been waiting over a year for this:")

3 Likes

Ah could you point out where they said that would be the case or was that in the PTR? :thinking: It’s a nice re-adding but I’d like to see the official confirmation than get somewhat hype to have it squashed.

Or just make them the same. Why have one better when they could be just the same they behavior similar enough. Afterall if a M1 change is considered how about the middle option being allowed maybe once.

Not that that will be the ideal solution but hey lets be real Blizzard are fine with marooning heroes, so if Sym gets marooned its just typical OW balance once again.

I’m more interested in the next batch of PTR changes.

5 Likes

If they do that, I’d rather they nerf Zarya’s beam to be as short as Syms and not buff Sym’s beam to be as long as Zarya’s.

It’s on the PTR. I’ll link it to you in discord.

Because Zarya is a tank while Symmetra is a DPS. She should have the better gun.

Speak for yourself…

1 Like

Well there goes me using sym to get ez wins and the update is probably on wednesday (Thursday for anyone in OCE)

1 Like

It’s on the ptr.

1 Like

Someone with Symmetra in their name is sad she’s getting nerfed? S h o c k i n g, almost like your hero bias is clouding your judgement of balance!

Also, if you could read, I DID “speak for myself”. I quite literally said “I am glad they are getting fixed” not “everyone is glad”. Key word: I. Aka ME. Aka MYSELF.

1 Like