Developer Update Video - Role Queue/2-2-2 lock

I wonder if Quickplay Classic will be permanent in Arcade.

Because No Limits wasn’t permanent and it was there to represent the old hero stacking Quickplay from launch.

1 Like

A lot of this stuff looks like it was thought of internally and some were actually ideas the community thought up of. Either they combined their ideas with others or they REALLY thought about this.

Regardless, this will definitely change the flow of the game, still can get stomped though.

Hey that’s awesome,QP classic in arcade mode with the lootboxes as incentive. Think it turned out alright.

2 Likes

Oh snap I didn’t even think of that

This is really cool.
Thanks

Pretty cool deal imo. Hopefully it’s permanent like Mystery Heroes.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter there will always be Quick play classic next to MH in arcade.

First step to have better competitive experience

Who said anything about nerfs? Its going to be buffs to her healing frequency/output, at least.

In thisnpatch she got a 10% increase on ult on top of the 12% global increase, her barrier health is more than halved (from 500 to 200), her self heal is diminished and repair doesnt heal instantly , and her stun is reduced, like they really turned her into a pinata, i dont play her but i feel bad for those that do

Mm, I wish they had left quick play where it is, and added “Unranked Comp” mode instead.

I imagine QP Classic will rotate in and out like No limits, which will be a pain when I want to, you know, play quickly.

1 Like

I like how Jeff avoided using the word ‘Toxic’ when describing a ‘vocal’ team member who hates your hero pick. Being quite the politician there lol.

Indeed.

Enforcing role lock in QP is self-destructive and probably marks the end of the line for me.

there’ll be quickplay classic in the arcade.

Before 2/2/2: “OMFG SOMEONE PICK REIN”

someone picks Orisa

NOOOOOO PICK REIN REEEEEEEEEE

After 2/2/2: “OMFG SOMEONE PICK REIN”

someone picks Orisa

NOOOOOO PICK REIN REEEEEEEEEE

What exactly does this change?

Yeah on a rotation with garbage match making.

Role lock, as bad as an idea as it is, makes sense is ranked play. It makes no sense at all for Quick Play.

This is typical of Blizzard overall. The development team have specifically stated they avoid using the ambiguous term in the past.

2 Likes

I can live with this, as long as the QP Classic is a permanent mode.

Well in that scenario nothing, but like I would imagine that if someone queued for DPS or support they probably shouldn’t be trying to dictate the tank pick for people who queued for tank. Which I understand causes another level of problems, but what if they play better as Rein but suck at Orisa?

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.

Best developer update ever. Great explanation, great features.