Developer Update is now live (VIDEO Included) - Torb Rework, Halloween Event, Future Plans

Yes, though I may be a tad bit more cynical than you…

It ended on a bad note too. You remember the new social features we announced? 2 of them are already released and the last one is only next year. I knew I’d be underwhelmed but this was worse than expected.

Hoping the patch notes cheer me up

1 Like

So there are good and not so good news. I feel the overwatch team is understaffed. They cant handle the workload in a decent pacing.
The planned social feature didnt make it and is pushed to next year and events dont get any changes just new skins because they focus on balance changes.

2 Likes

No more new event modes except Archives for another year. I feel sad, honestly. No excuse can make up for it the ‘we focus on quality of life changes’ hasn’t worked one a bit.

Just because they made one good change for the support roster once per year that doesn’t excuse the lack of new events. The third social feature won’t be coming soon either. I am bitter because all I am looking forward to are seasonal events.

3 Likes

Yeah i think its time to stop expecting big new stuff for every event. I imagine they will mostly be the same thing every year with minor updates and honestly i don;t blame them. I know people enjoy them but its probably not the greatest use of dev time .

1 Like

I don’t wanna sound negative, but Torb’s new ult sounds so lame. And if they remove the hammer I will seriously never play him again - killing someone with that thing is among the best things in the game.

4 Likes

Yeah WyomingMist doesn’t do troll posts :smiley:

I think it sounds cool if his ult kinda works like the bio rifle in unreal, it’s a good area denial tool altho I hate the gun there I do see the potential for it to work here.

EDIT: Just saw the torb video on the forum post. Exactly like the bio rifle LUL

Is it wrong that I’m upset that they have pretty much only developed a color-blind mode (that they already had, which worked for majority of the small minority of players who need it) instead of actual game content?

Like what the crap lol I always see it, and have never said it, but here it is: Dead game. Moving on. I expect a sequel to be announced at Blizzcon.

LOL! This is exactly what I thought of when Jeff was talking about it!

1 Like

Yep its where my head auto went too as-well lol

Woo Junkenstein’s Revenge for the fourth third time in a row.

There’s no way it wasn’t a reference. That cheeky look at the camera and repetition of hot liquid magma is just too perfect to have been anything else.

the torb rework sounds really interesting but i wanna focus on whats more important…

JUNKENSTEIN’S MONSTER IS GETTING A BRIDE. I HOPE ITS ME

1 Like

I always thought that something was better than nothing; however, honestly, I am rethinking that. This was basically “everything is delayed, our focus is on balance (lul) and quality of life. Here is a minor update to prove it.” Wow.

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a dead game but, they are seriously bragging about working on a better mode for a small portion of a small portion of the player base?

So if we strip out the torb update, this dev update is literally empty. Like there is nothing else of note.

4 Likes

The hammer is still in.

Oh, that leaked skin, yes, it was real. And also McCree and Soldier, characters who have been struggling get… Minor changes. We also changed Orisa and Pharah for no apparent reason and expect events to be as lame as Summer.

So I would not say nothing. It was worse than that, ha ha ha…

2 Likes

Did they say so? It wouldn’t serve a purpose anymore…

Colorblind mode, Pharah tweaks, McCree and Soldier 76 tweaks, explanation why there will be no great changes to seasonal events due to focus on other stop. Explanation why upcoming social features has been delayed.
Plenty of stuff.