Detailed writing on why Role queue will single-handedly eliminate a sizeable chunk of the playerbase

No, that was introduced in season 2…

1 Like

And they’re only going to increase as the hype for the new hero/role queue dies.

2 Likes

This was the longest post I ever seen…

1 Like

Separating sr between roles is actually really bad.
There heroes in different roles that are more similar than heroes in the same role.

1 Like

WoW’s slow death was inevitable since the game is more than a decade old.
Diablo… Dont you guys have phones?
HotS: LoL and Dota 2 were already the dominant MOBA games. HotS had nothing unique to offer.
Hearthstone: Pay to win mechanic. Enough said.
Starcraft: A series of cancelled games to favor new franchises. The game is slowly approaching a dead end.

Looking at the list, Role Queue has no place here. A controversial change thats for sure but not because the marketing at Blizzard is at an all time low. OWL would fit more there.

2 Likes

Except the specific quote is:

So not average across all roles, but for DPS players specific

forgot to mention OWL…

it doesnt matter if you think the change was made BECAUSE of OWL or not…but if they wanted to also “fix” OWL and its “boring” 33 goats meta…heres how you do it without screwing over the game

get ready cause its complicated…

you bring all the teams together in a meeting…and you TELL them to no longer play that way…we want to see you guys play 222…boom…done deal, no actual effort, no wait while a system gets put together…can literally have 222 up by next day…

but i guess that would be too much trouble

1 Like

Hurt Durr reedongz harrd

1 Like

They can’t do that. If there’s an optimal way to play the game and the teams are not playing it then they’re purposely playing sub-optimally. In a competitive game you can’t just say 'oh we promise not to use the best strat’s, because at that point it’s not competitive anymore.

It’s only not competitive if the playing field is uneven…it would be a global change…it’s like when they disable a hero because of a bug…you can still be quite competitive in that environment … just can’t use that hero…Furthermore you could make the argument that this happens regularly anyway since some heroes are considered unusable in specific metas and most teams stick to a particular set of heroes only

It won’t happen. You can’t ‘cut a deal’ in regards to the strats you will and will not use. The only way they can do this without it being scummy is an official pick/ban system.

Yeah, except for the part where WoW classic launched yesterday to thunderous applause and three hour long queues.

2 Likes

Didn’t WoW have like, 1 million viewers on Twitch yesterday?

I don’t think it faded out of exsistence.

1 Like

Sure did. Not enough to make me go back though, I don’t feel like grinding for bones for hours and hours and hours in the Plaguelands :stuck_out_tongue:

True.

Plus I think the server was actually full and a few people were waiting like 30+ minutes to get in.

no thanks.

what deal making? they literally run the show…

“in the interest of our investors we are changing the rule set so that you have to play with 2 of each role” - thats all it would take

the rule sets change all the time whenever they add in a new patch…theyre about to change the entire playing field at the very start of the playoffs implementing a completely new patch that includes a new hero…

in fact they JUST did this with role queue…theres no role queue in OWL…they dont run on the same client as we do…a role queue is useless when they already know whos going to be playing what…they literally get on and select 222 OR they turn on hero limits which has been in the client for quite some time…(im not exactly sure which of the 2 they do)

they make the rules…and you play competitively within those rules…

1 Like

Dps + Supp + Tank combined is around 3-6

Those rules have to be in both OWL and the real game. It’ll never be one or the other, because the devs want the playerbase to see and play the same game as OWL. So, it’s not like OWL can do it’s own thing when it comes to game balance/comps.

i think this is overblown to some degree…there are times where even if theyre playing the same exact patch it still isnt necessarily reflective of the community because well they just play on a whole different level than the majority of the playerbase (and someone can correct me if im wrong here but i couldve sworn at one point the ladder meta was bunker while OWL was still very much running goats)…

if anything the community tries (emphasis on tries) to emulate what they see on there…but its never the same…its like when jeff said that people in plat arent really playing goats…in terms of the community…how influencial would switch (whether it be because they just decided to do so or because blizz nudged them to do so) to a different comp be on the regular game i wonder?

and even if it you say they cant do hero limits without affecting the community…fine…do it to the community as well…i think hero limits wouldve been a way better option than an actual queue personally (among other options)

My queue times are much less for competitive than quick play tho?

1 Like