Deranking/Ranking Bugs

Last week, i lost a bunch, which is fine its whatever, but i logged in the next day and without any notice I went from Gold 2 to Silver 1. I thought nothing of it, was just upset, but I didn’t lose 15 in a row (like 7-10 NOT 15). Tried to climb out, reranked to s1 5 times in a row.
Miraculously, I got back into gold, after winning 5 in a row. OK cool!! I lost maybe 1-2, then i deranked to silver 1 YET AGAIN. For reference, this was two rank updates within 2-4 hours YESTERDAY.

I was nearly plat, and with matchmaker, the game is just ridiculous. I hit a new peak, yet I am punished for it?

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like